• Register Today It's free!

Need to remove Driver's Seat.

lafd55

Reaction score
City, State
Albany, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford Explorer XLT V6
I need to remove the driver's seat for some work. What are the does and don't of it?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Every seat I've remove are just bolts and electrical connections. Just take your time shouldn't be much to it.

I've removed several seats (not the explorer's yet) and the way I do it is I push the seat all the way back to expose the front bolts (remove them), then move the seat all the way forward to expose the rear bolts (remove them) then keeping the seat in the upright position, lean it back towards the rear to expose the harnesses you need to unplug. Then just lift up and angle/swing it out sideways.

I normally take all my seats out every couple of years to vacuum and shampoo the carpets. With the husky liners, I haven't had a need to do it yet as protection is incredible.

Good luck.

Your right I pulled my Husky liners out of the 2013 and moved them to the 14 SPORT and when I dropped it off to the dealer he said "did you ever have anybody in this thing?"

The carpets got a good vacuum and looked brand new.

Back