Need troubleshooting advice on 2 codes? P0174, P1151 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Need troubleshooting advice on 2 codes? P0174, P1151

mcdavidhome00

Reaction score
City, State
Jackson, MS
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Explorer XLT
Hello everyone. Several months ago I was getting a P0174 code (Lack of switch sensor indicates lean) on my 2002 4.0 XLT so I replaced that particular o2 sensor and the problem was fixed. Several months later I accidentally left my key in the ignition overnight in the "ON" position and ofcourse my battery died overnight.

So after I recharged my battery and got her back up and running, suddenly now the P0174 code mysteriously returns along with a P1151 code (system too lean bank 2). So natrurally I thought maybe the sensor got blown out due to the battery drain but that wasn't the case. The o2 sensor has the proper voltage reading and it also switches back and forth like it should. I have no idea where to even start on troubleshooting this problem because it is so bizarre to me. Any troubleshooting tips suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Could the code have been set by dead battery? Have you cleared them to see if they return?
Yes I cleared the code several times and it returns everytime.

Back