New 2013 Explorer w/ 2.0 Ecoboost | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New 2013 Explorer w/ 2.0 Ecoboost

okiexplorer

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Limited
Hi Everyone,

I purchased a new red 2013 Explorer Limited for my wife for valentines day. She is coming out of my pickup. I brought it to her Friday when I returned home as I work out of town (165 miles). Yes it was a big hit. My wife could have not been happier. She drove me around Friday night a while. We went and picked up our grandson as that is her measuring stick....lol

All in all so far it seems to be a very nice truck. I bought the 2.0 ecoboost as we drive long distance where we live. It definatly fits our driving style. No burn outs and 1/4 mile races for us. Until I got a few miles on it (about 300) it displayed 9 MPG but soon reported 25 after the first fillup. I attributed this to the computer not having any miles to compare in the computer. But anyways all is good. This is highway miles of course.

I would be curious about others experiences with 2.0 ecoboost. Not really much on the net with this combination truck and engine. Anyone have any suggestions or recommendations?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi Everyone,

I purchased a new red 2013 Explorer Limited for my wife for valentines day. She is coming out of my pickup. I brought it to her Friday when I returned home as I work out of town (165 miles). Yes it was a big hit. My wife could have not been happier...

Hey okiexplorer,

Congratulations on the Explorer and what an awesome story! I'm thrilled to hear that your wife loves her new ride. If you haven't already, I suggest that you check out http://owner.ford.com. You can download free copies of your Owner's Manual, get valuable coupons, and schedule maintenance appointments.

Happy Valentine's Day to you and your wife!

Crystal

Congrats on your purchase and welcome to the Ecoboot owner group. :thumbsup:

I got my 2013 Memorial Day last year and already have 13,600+ miles on it. No issues thus far other than a little brake squeal from 7k to 11k miles, but since gone away.

You can see mpg miles on Fuelly. Most of my driving is into Wash DC for work so get stuck in traffic & lots of idle time this winter warming it up so miles down. Best highway I had was 24.9 (computer said 26) ... and that was going at 76 mph+.

My style is similar to yours - not out to race anyone and I think it has plenty of power.

I have had mine 2013 October 13. Most times I average 24 mpg per tank of gas. This depends a lot on the highway driving that I do. I have found that I get better gas mileage if I put it on cruise control. I have reached the 28 MPG on cruise on the highway.

Love this car.....

I've been getting poor fuel mileage from our 2013 XLT Ecoboost since new in July. It's driven pretty conservatively. It's been in and checked but nothing found and nothing done. I keep pointing out that the tailpipes are very black sooty inside, and just don't look right as if it is burning too rich....been told this is normal. Could some of you 2.0 owners take a minute and seen if you have the black heavy soot in the ends of your tailpipes and report back.....thanks Plum

I'll have to look. Been running premium on all but 3 fill ups. Some may say waste but I see better mileage & it is a turbo performance engine.

I looked at the Fuelly.com site. Perhaps I should not be complaining so much. The three, 2.0L EB vehicles being tracked actually showed less average mileage then I have been getting. I have a running average, manually calculated, of 21.2mpg....The other to this point were, I think, 20.9, 19.6 and 19.8.....But is'nt this still pretty poor mileage, compared to Ford's EPA ratings? I'm still concerned the vehicle is running very rich....best regards Plum

The best MPG I have combined was 25.4. My hand calculations versus the computer are almost identical. I know it says 20 and 28 but we will see. I usually change over to Amsoil full synthetic quick and I seem to always net about another 1.5 MPG when I do. Not selling anything here, just reporting what happens to me. My F150 supercab, FX4, and Harley truck all increased by that amount and my Taurus as well.

What, nobody has time to go look at the tailpipes, or stick there finger in there and see if it's real black and sooty? I still think Ford has mis-represented the fuel mileage figures by quite a bit. These vehicles are susposed to be some of the best out there, but the mileage is terrible compared to as advertised, at least mine is.......I'd like to know why and get it fixed, in stead of being told by the Dealers the soot is normal, and laughed at..........best regards Plum

Hi Everyone,

I purchased a new red 2013 Explorer Limited for my wife for valentines day. She is coming out of my pickup. I brought it to her Friday when I returned home as I work out of town (165 miles). Yes it was a big hit. My wife could have not been happier. She drove me around Friday night a while. We went and picked up our grandson as that is her measuring stick....lol

All in all so far it seems to be a very nice truck. I bought the 2.0 ecoboost as we drive long distance where we live. It definatly fits our driving style. No burn outs and 1/4 mile races for us. Until I got a few miles on it (about 300) it displayed 9 MPG but soon reported 25 after the first fillup. I attributed this to the computer not having any miles to compare in the computer. But anyways all is good. This is highway miles of course.

I would be curious about others experiences with 2.0 ecoboost. Not really much on the net with this combination truck and engine. Anyone have any suggestions or recommendations?
Welcome to the Forum okiexplorer.:wavey:
Always nice to see new members joining up. Your wife is one lucky gal and you are one smart man! ;)

Peter

Hello there.

I previously had a 1997 4.0 OHV Explorer, and that is the greatest car I have ever had- except it had really bad mpg.... Now, the Explorer is not possible to buy over the Counter where i live, so imort is my only option. And to keep costs down, the smaller engine volume is better.... So, the 2.0 EcoBoost seems like a great option.

I've looked at ford.com and read some there, but there's a couple of Things I did not find. First- what's the towing capacity for the 2.0- model? And then how is the price compared to the base 3.5V6?

Thanks
RuneS

Hello there.

I previously had a 1997 4.0 OHV Explorer, and that is the greatest car I have ever had- except it had really bad mpg.... Now, the Explorer is not possible to buy over the Counter where i live, so imort is my only option. And to keep costs down, the smaller engine volume is better.... So, the 2.0 EcoBoost seems like a great option.

I've looked at ford.com and read some there, but there's a couple of Things I did not find. First- what's the towing capacity for the 2.0- model? And then how is the price compared to the base 3.5V6?

Thanks
RuneS
2000 lbs. Check out;
http://www.ford.com/resources/ford/general/pdf/towingguides/14_Explorer_Sep11.pdf

For pricing you can use the Ford.com website to build your vehicles.
http://www.ford.com/
www.ford.ca

Peter

It's gotta be the 3.5 V6, then.... 2000 lbs is not enough.

You'd never Guess how much a 32.000$ 3.5V6 Explorer costs where I live. I would Guess around 120.000$, Maybe more. (Weight and Hp "penalty"- fees are enormous....)

Lastime I checked COSTs for importing a car was the 2005 Mustang V8 (or was it the V6..?), and it was about 160.000$. (Yes, for a car at 22.000USD...)

Thanks for those links, Peter.

RS

Back