Tire size for 2014 Ford Explorer sport | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Tire size for 2014 Ford Explorer sport

Adesros403

Reaction score
City, State
Alberta
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 explorer sport
hey guya, Wondering if I could fit 265/60/r18 blizzacks on. 18/8” rimswith a 50 offset? These would be going on a 2014 Ford Explorer sport.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Why not just use 255/60/18? They are the same exact size as the 255/50/20 so no speed error.

hey guya, Wondering if I could fit 265/60/r18 blizzacks on. 18/8” rimswith a 50 offset? These would be going on a 2014 Ford Explorer sport.
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
If you are going to get a set of dedicated Winter tires and changing to 18" wheels, I would suggest going with a 235/65R18 tire. A narrower tire is best for driving in snow and slush since there would be less resistance and hydroplaning. That size is also an exact match for the 20" you have now. I'm running 235/60R18's Blizzak DM-V1 that I used on a previous vehicle but will switch to the 235/65R18 size when I have to replace them. I'm using the 18" Ford steel Interceptor wheels. Not sure about the offset since I didn't have to worry about it using the Ford OEM wheels.

Peter

Why not just use 255/60/18? They are the same exact size as the 255/50/20 so no speed error.

I am buying a used set of wheels and tires and that’s the size he has, I noticed it’s within the 3% (1.7%) just wanted to make sure there was no rubbing involved with that offset/size, The factory offset is +44

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
If you are going to get a set of dedicated Winter tires and changing to 18" wheels, I would suggest going with a 235/65R18 tire. A narrower tire is best for driving in snow and slush since there would be less resistance and hydroplaning. That size is also an exact match for the 20" you have now. I'm running 235/60R18's Blizzak DM-V1 that I used on a previous vehicle but will switch to the 235/65R18 size when I have to replace them. I'm using the 18" Ford steel Interceptor wheels. Not sure about the offset since I didn't have to worry about it using the Ford OEM wheels.

Peter

Hey Peter

I would like to use the same size/ smaller width but there are a set of rims/tires/sensors that have a price tag that is hard to pass up. As mentioned in my reply to ironworker40 I am just concerned that there would be no rubbing with that size/offset

Hey Peter

I would like to use the same size/ smaller width but there are a set of rims/tires/sensors that have a price tag that is hard to pass up. As mentioned in my reply to ironworker40 I am just concerned that there would be no rubbing with that size/offset
Have you confirmed that the TPMS frequency is correct? I believe it's 315MHz. Were they used on a Ford vehicle?

Have you confirmed that the TPMS frequency is correct? I believe it's 315MHz. Were they used on a Ford vehicle?

Yup, they are off an infinity fx45 which has the same frequency as ours at 315mhz

Back