New A4LD problem?? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New A4LD problem??

cherylj

Reaction score
Well, I need some big help here. My truck is back at the transmission shop AGAIN - and this time the guy is totally stumped. Every time I back out of the driveway it won't go into drive without moving the shifter through all of the gears several times. I've tried stopping part way down the driveway and testing it and it will work fine and then when I'm out in the street nothing! Other times I can go from reverse to drive with no trouble. The tranny guy tested it and got the same thing. Doesn't matter if it's uphill, downhill, turning or straight. My driveway is about 75 feet long but he got it to act up after 25 to 50 feet. This is a new/rebuilt that was installed in January of this year. The valve body was cleaned last week when it wouldn't shift into 3rd gear because a valve had stuck. He tried cleaning the valve body again in case something else had gotten stuck again but no difference. He's tested the electrical, oil pressure, everything he can think of. He's been doing trannys for a long time and I trust him. He even checked with other tranny shops today to see if they'd ever heard of it and got nothing. Strangest thing they've ever heard of. Anybody out there ever had this before??

------------------
Rick & Cheryl J.
'94 XLT 4x4
Custom 2" lift, Rancho 5000s
Borla exhaust, over-size sway bars
More to come!

Back