• Register Today It's free!

New Engine No Spark

99fourdoor

Reaction score
City, State
Cape Coral, Fl
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 XLT
I just finished the install on a parts store engine and now I do not have any spark. I tested the coil and replaced with new one just in case also the cam sensor is new since I broke the old one after I took it off the old engine. I know the crank sensor is less than $20 but don't just want to start throwing parts at it. could the new cam sensor cause this? Should I try the crank sensor or test something else? Thanks for any help!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

the cam sensor control "fueling" (duration of injectors) while the crank sensor controls "spark"... take your best shot...:)

sorry it might help if I gave all the info. It's a 4.0L SOHC V6 2 wheel drive. The old engine ran but the all of the timing guides were in the oil pan.

Well.....

I put a new crank sensor on and still no spark. My dad swears to me that the PATS is the problem. I don't know enough about how it works but i don't think that is the problem. He says since the truck has been on the side lines for over a year the keys have lost their programing. But the theft light does not flash while tryin to start it.

it was the wire that goes fron the crank sensor to the ecm. it was broken where it turns down under the thermostat houseing

Back