new ex. built but on HOLD in Chicago. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

new ex. built but on HOLD in Chicago.

scruffyduck

Reaction score
City, State
Illinois
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 xlt 4x4
Explorer was built in June 8 with an eta
Of June 18 . Now dealer tells me its
On hold in Chicago.he's not sure what that
Means.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

On hold generally means they found an issue with the build and it needs to be fixed. That does not necessarily mean damage but something was caught and it is set aside for repair as obviously they do not stop the assembly line.

On hold generally means they found an issue with the build and it needs to be fixed. That does not necessarily mean damage but something was caught and it is set aside for repair as obviously they do not stop the assembly line.

Ya could be but it was built waiting shipment with an
Eta of the 18th now showing hold status. Could he
A recall maybe?

Mine was on hold but then 2 days later it showed shipped..

Taurus owners have had their cars on hold for a month and a half now. Something about a part being on back order. Part availability could be a reason.

Could simply mean it is on hold waiting for the next shipment to get filled. Mine was built and ready, but sat at the factory for almost 2 weeks until the next freight train was full and ready to go.

Could simply mean it is on hold waiting for the next shipment to get filled. Mine was built and ready, but sat at the factory for almost 2 weeks until the next freight train was full and ready to go.

That's what I hope is the situation. Thanks

On hold does not mean waiting to be shipped. I have learned a lot about the ordering process and I will tell you that something is up with the vehicle to be changed to "on hold" status.

Again, it could be a part that was put together wrong, could be damage caused while being put in the lot or while loading onto the truck/train.. there are many things that will cause it but "on hold" means there is an issue with it.

If there was a recall, then they would all be on hold and then run through a separate line to be fixed.

Example, they started building the 15 Superduties (2nd gen diesel motor) and there were issues that were found. Ford had over 17,000 trucks all over Louisville renting parking space from companies to store the trucks. They then started weekend shifts specifically to run them back through to fix the issues before shipping.

It could be something very minor but it is something and not just "waiting to ship".

Example.. if it was waiting to ship it would have a status in the system like this:

Awaiting Shipment - Origin Received - RC59 (Autoport Limited ) Ramp 60, Oakville Asy, ON Apr-22-2015, 01:30 ET.

This is for a different vehicle but it would be in "awaiting shipment" status and it would give the ramp # that the vehicle was sitting at. It would also list the transport company that is responsible for it (Autoport Limited) or the rail company that it is going on to.

It's usually means awaiting shipment. That's what the dealer also told me when I we bought my wife's Honda Civic.

It's usually means awaiting shipment. That's what the dealer also told me when I we bought my wife's Honda Civic.

First we are talking 2 completely different manufacturers so what Honda does and what Ford does is apples to oranges. Ford's system does have a physical "on hold" status so if the dealer is telling him word for word what the computer shows.. there is an issue, again it does not mean that it is awaiting shipment.

As I clearly posted above in bold, if it is awaiting shipment, it will say "awaiting shipment" (that is a copy and paste of Ford's tracking system for a different vehicle) in the system which means it is just sitting at the loading area waiting to get onto a train or convoy.

Now if the dealer decided to just use their own words by saying it's on hold, it very well could be just awaiting shipment. The clarification needed is whether they chose their own words or the tracking system says "on hold".

As blwnsmoke mentioned, 'On Hold' does not mean 'Awaiting Shipment'. If a vehicle's status changed from 'Awaiting Shipment' to 'On Hold', then it is an indication of an issue that was found and has to be resolved. This was mentioned in post 2.

Peter

Explorer was built in June 8 with an eta
Of June 18 . Now dealer tells me its
On hold in Chicago.he's not sure what that
Means.

It is not on hold, it is waiting for transport as of 6/15.

Awaiting Shipment - Origin Received - SI SSSSS (Cassens Transport Co ) Ramp 06, Chicago Asy, IL Jun-15-2015, 11:48 CT.

There is no eta yet in this particular system generated but I have seen people's vehicles show up at dealer without it showing.

Awaiting Shipment - Origin Received - SI SSSSS (Cassens Transport Co ) Ramp 06, Chicago Asy, IL Jun-15-2015, 11:48 CT.

There is no eta yet in this particular system generated but I have seen people's vehicles show up at dealer without it showing.

Blwnsmoke,
Thank you for the info!!!

Blwnsmoke,
Thank you for the info!!!

Explorer hold right now is for 2nd row seat release handle effort, very minor.

Finally here

I'm in Canada, we ordered March 9th, built June 19th and delivered July 16th so there is hope, nagged the dealer but it was no good, it's up to Ford and My salesman couldn't hurry it up.
Happy with it so far, good luck

bought mine almost 2 weeks ago. I have a VIN but cannot get any further details yet. Now the waiting game.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sure did pick it up . It sure does look and drive sweet!
Thanks.

Hey,

Glad you like your new ride-especially after the wait. Is there anything you would like to share about your new ride?? I have one on order.

Thanks,

TW

Back