New Exhaust system | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New Exhaust system

those straits sound damn good. My OHV just dumps the exaust after the first cat on the linkage that goes to the muffler it sounds kinda cool and people always ask me how big is that engine when they hear it is a 6 they all say damn i thought it was an 8
total cost of it 0.00 total time about 5 or 6 minutes including finding the correct socket.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

SkanlaxJMO said:
those straits sound damn good. My OHV just dumps the exaust after the first cat on the linkage that goes to the muffler it sounds kinda cool and people always ask me how big is that engine when they hear it is a 6 they all say damn i thought it was an 8
total cost of it 0.00 total time about 5 or 6 minutes including finding the correct socket.

Not good for kids or pets, let alone yourself.
You are breathing CO man!
Please fix that, I don't wish harm on anyone

just have to keep moving...and i did this last year the first time it did it itself and the second i unbolted one side so that there is CO going through the muffler and pipe but then a little sneeks out through the connection

Dumping the exhaust out below the passenger compartment is STUPID/illegal and not needed for a good sound.

You cant keep moving at a red light.

true I am saving up for a dual exaust witha 40 series

jtsmith said:
no, the easiest and best way is to have a proffesional muffler shop do it. It will turn out right, and there are some tricky bends for a true dual
yeah i guess it is easy or me beacuse i work an a 4x4 shop that has a tube bender but like i said i still havent finished the exhuast, and there are no bends before the axle but i did put some turndowns to help with the co

The reason I said that xzibit, was because in the first post he said he knew nothing about exhaust.
And, I have to say nothing is easier than watching someone else do the work
:D

yeah i agree totally, there are a few times when ive been working on something and almost gave up and paid someone to do it, but i just put if off for a BIT AND THEN DID IT

Back