How to: - New Forscan Update Allows Module Programming | Page 8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How to: New Forscan Update Allows Module Programming

Prefix for threads which are instructional.
Interesting, I don't believe we've run into this on the F150 and Mustang. Did you try driving even with the DTC?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yes I have been through all this with my 16 Explorer I had...I ended up just leaving it the original value. So you have changed it and the PCM isn't throwing any error code? Odd that the 16 Explorer and 16 Edge which is the same electrical platform as the 15+ F150 and 15+ Mustang would not. Some vehicle lines do have their own individual quirks. In fact I just looked at IDS and and while there is a tire size selection for the 16 Edge (obviously only OEM sizes) but it lists only the engine/drivetrain and for half of the options tire diameter. It also lists the module the change is being applied to as the SECM (steering effort control module). For the Explorer IDS actually changed the wrong values in the BCM and I had to manually do it then too when I played around.

Interesting! I wonder what the SECM has to do with it... maybe wider tires require different settings? Is it possible this DTC can be ignored if it's just a steering effort fault?

Did you ever pull as-built files for two Edges (or Explorers if it's the same thing) with different factory tires and see what (if any) differences there are on the SECM?

Possible to use Forscan with an OBXLink MX device to enable remote start on a 2015 Police Utility Ecoboost? I ordered an OEM four button IKT and will have it cut. My vehicle has the factory keyless and perimeter alarm.

Looks like the boys from the F150 forum, was successful in enabling global open/close

BCM:
726-17-01 0101 0101 014A
726-17-02 0101 0101 014B
726-30-01 0101 0000 0060

DDM:
740-05-01 Dxxx xx

PDM:
741-05-01 Dxxx xx

Holy crap, nice work F150 crew...

Looks like the boys from the F150 forum, was successful in enabling global open/close

BCM:
726-17-01 0101 0101 014A
726-17-02 0101 0101 014B
726-30-01 0101 0000 0060

DDM:
740-05-01 Dxxx xx

PDM:
741-05-01 Dxxx xx
I have global OPEN but not the CLOSE. I wonder why and if the dealer can enable it?

Peter

I have global OPEN but not the CLOSE. I wonder why and if the dealer can enable it?

Peter

Liability issues for the close feature?
But yes, they should have the ability to add it as via IDS programming.

Liability issues for the close feature?
But yes, they should have the ability to add it as via IDS programming.
I doubt it is a liability issue since my MKT had Global Open & Close. That is why I found it strange that the 2017 only has the Open.

Peter

I doubt it is a liability issue since my MKT had Global Open & Close. That is why I found it strange that the 2017 only has the Open.

Peter

Here today gone tomorrow?
That fact that this feature was purposely disabled, leads me to believe there's a back story and liability is the first thing that comes to my mind.
Too bad it's snowing today, but my as-built data shows the eact same lines as the F150 guys and I will be trying it out to see if works.

I was buying my Explorer in 2012 and asked dealer why there is no one touch up/down for the rear windows, answer was for safety! How good is that?

These guys are on a tear, now they figured out how to enable side mirror auto tilt when reversing.
I will be testing everything out this weekend and will report back on what works on the EX and so far existing discovered feaures have worked.

These guys are on a tear, now they figured out how to enable side mirror auto tilt when reversing.
I will be testing everything out this weekend and will report back on what works on the EX and so far existing discovered feaures have worked.
that would be great! waiting for it!

If I remember correctly, the Global Open will only work on windows with the 'one touch' feature. I'd be interested to see if you can get that to work so maybe I can get the 'Close' part to function.

Peter

If I remember correctly, the Global Open will only work on windows with the 'one touch' feature. I'd be interested to see if you can get that to work so maybe I can get the 'Close' part to function.

Peter

I'm happy to report that global open/close works for both front driver and passenger windows.
I also "unhid" it in the instrument panel cluster and can enable/disable both functions or one only.
In your case Peter, it looks like the factory disabled global close on your EX.

Pretty much everything listed in Livinitup's spreadsheet can be enabled on our EX.

Back in Russia I had 2007 Focus and global open/close was working on all four windows while one touch up/down was only on front ones.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm happy to report that global open/close works for both front driver and passenger windows.
I also "unhid" it in the instrument panel cluster and can enable/disable both functions or one only.
In your case Peter, it looks like the factory disabled global close on your EX.

Pretty much everything listed in Livinitup's spreadsheet can be enabled on our EX.
Wow, that is great! I'm going to enable that as well. Interesting then, why it doesn't work thru direct bcm config...
Moreover, if add one touch up/down modules to rear windows it should work on all four then!

Back