new fuel filter, bad noise | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

new fuel filter, bad noise

scott93EB

Reaction score
City, State
Golden, CO (school) Los Alamos, NM (Home)
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 Eddie Bauer
hey, just got a new fuel filter, not when in park idleing it has a notable hiss, but not like air sounding but more like liquid with restriction(filter?) anyway, then in gear it gets louder as you give it gas, it sort of builds up in noise, so like pressure building. When you're driving same deal with the gas, when you let off it almost makes a draining noise. This comes from pretty close to the driver near the fire wall. When you turn it off, you can hear that noise continue for a sec, then bleed off real quick. I talked to the mech. real quick and he said "it was my airfilter" which lead me to believe I should have done this one myself. Anyway, it sounds like something is in the fuel system causing an obstruction, or there is a leak of pressure somehow, not fuel though, maybe somehow a vacuumm line got bumped. Any obvious ideas? Scott 93 Eddie Bauer Exploder

I brought it back to have some welding done and I was looking harder, I picked it up late, and I found a vaccuum line was broken, one off the intake man.. I let them fix it while it was there. So I was wrong when I said it wasn't a air related noise, but it's good to go.

Back