• Register Today It's free!

New Guy from SoCal

the viking

Reaction score
City, State
Huntington Beach, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Explorer EB
Hi everyone! My name is Randy and I'm a proud owner of a 98 5.0 EB Explorer.

It's only a 2wd drive but the plan so far is to do the TT and get some shackles for the rear.

I just moved to Huntington Beach, CA and was wondering if there was anyone around here that likes to hit some trails. Let me know, because I'm down to see what this SUV can do.

Well enjoy the pics

IMG_2481.jpg

IMG_2482-1.jpg

IMG_2479.jpg

IMG_2475.jpg

IMG_2479.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome neighbor! The rig looks clean. :cool:

We've got a great group of guys around here. Be sure to check out the "California Explorers" forum, as most of the stuff posted in there is local to us.

Welcome to the forum.

Speaking from experience I would like to apply firm brakes now and suggest something if you don't mind.
Well, maybe you do mind but I am going to anyway-:D

That is one nice and clean looking truck. Leave it alone, except for maybe an additional transmission cooler and fan.

Now, use the planned $$ and buy a 4wd explorer that needs work. Use your 2wd as a daily driver-tow rig.

That one is too nice to lift and wheel, unless you just want the look for street use.

Welcome to the forum.

Speaking from experience I would like to apply firm brakes now and suggest something if you don't mind.
Well, maybe you do mind but I am going to anyway-:D

That is one nice and clean looking truck. Leave it alone, except for maybe an additional transmission cooler and fan.

Now, use the planned $$ and buy a 4wd explorer that needs work. Use your 2wd as a daily driver-tow rig.

That one is too nice to lift and wheel, unless you just want the look for street use.

Yes it was mainly going to be used just for a rougher look for the streets. I don't plan on taking it on an advanced trails but it would be nice to know I have a decent suspension lift and tire to do a little bit more exploring.

Thanks for the link FROADER!

Back