New Heads to Australia for 99 EXP VinX OHV | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New Heads to Australia for 99 EXP VinX OHV

kristykai

Reaction score
City, State
Newcastle, NSW
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Ford Explorer XL
Looked and looked and couldn't find a thread relating to anyone who can supply new (heavier casting) heads to Australia. Can anyone advise who may be able to do this? Not sure what casting I have right now but I think it would be 95TM's.

Thanks everyone.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Your best bet may be to ask one of our American members to purchase them for you and ship them over.
It'll be costly, but that is an option.

i dont know how fussy you are about them, but rock auto lists heads but they are 98tm. i dont know what the difference is however.

New heads would be 98tm with smaller exhaust ports and larger combustion chamber (lower compression).

Rockauto has them for $178.79 USD each, bare, no core charge.
Delivery would be $284.40 USD for the 2.
You might get a better shipping rate from shipito.com

The AUD isn't that great at the moment. Wouldn't it be more cost effective to buy used heads locally and have them redone?

Your best bet may be to ask one of our American members to purchase them for you and ship them over.
It'll be costly, but that is an option.

I would be extremely thankful to any member who would be willing. Anyone who can tell me how much they could get a set of the stronger casting heads (complete not bare) and ship to Australia would be very much appreciated =)

i dont know how fussy you are about them, but rock auto lists heads but they are 98tm. i dont know what the difference is however.

Unfortunately given what I know about the existing castings I am very very fussy. Being in Australia makes that fussiness even worse as you can imagine the cost of getting another set of heads with the same weak casting as the existing ones. Thanks for the suggestion and we do buy lots of stuff from Rockauto.com but heads aren't one of those things I would be willing to buy through them due to the fact that they only sell either Remanufactured heads or bare heads where you have to run the risk of mismatched parts that you have to order separately.

New heads would be 98tm with smaller exhaust ports and larger combustion chamber (lower compression).

Rockauto has them for $178.79 USD each, bare, no core charge.
Delivery would be $284.40 USD for the 2.
You might get a better shipping rate from shipito.com

The AUD isn't that great at the moment. Wouldn't it be more cost effective to buy used heads locally and have them redone?

Hi Flash,

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately Rockauto's heads are stock remans so not keen on that with the weak castings.

I am all to aware of the weak AUD atm...(sucks when you love your truck and buy all your parts from the US). That said though we have invested to much money into our EX to sell or scrap now so it's either buy the new heads or deal with using 2 X as much gas and having half the power...lol

All the places I have tried on eBay etc such as Odessa will not ship to Australia btw... so am open to suggestions from anyone who thinks they can get a set to me (full heads not just bare).

Back