• Register Today It's free!

new headunit questions

Bigcheck1

Reaction score
City, State
Marlton, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Nissan Xterra
my kenwood excelon recently died so i replaced it with an alpine cda 9811. in theory it should eb a better headunit. the thing is now that i have this one in, my subs afent nearly asw loud. they used to bump with the old headunit and now i cnat figure it out. both headunits have asubwoofer level control and 4 volt preouts. i used to have trhe amp at about half and the sub level on the kenwood at about half. now with the alpine sub level all the way up and the amp all the way up the subs still arent as loud as before. i'm pretty knowledgable about stereos and cant figure this one out. any help would be great.

thanks

Stupid question: you sure you connected the subs to the correct RCA jacks? If so, I'd suspect it's just something in the tuning you haven't found.

I had the same problem and it took forever to get all the settings correct. I dont have it hear right now so im trying to think of some things off of memory. Check to make sure the power ic is not on, check the defeat setting and make sure your crossover is adjusted correctly. I will have the truck home tomorrow, if your still having probs I can double check my suggestions. Hopefully mine is similiar to yours.

everything is corrected right. i think i figured it out last night though. there are about 8 menus on this headunit and i finally got to the right ones. i had to turn the hpf on to block the bass in the doors then i was able to fine tune the subs. sounds better than before, but now i know that i can send more power to my subs. time to shop for a new, bigger amp.

i have the kicker compvr4 12's ..anybody else have these, i'm just wondering how much power i cna send to them..

thanks

Back