New parts being developed - Ecoboost "hot pipes" | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New parts being developed - Ecoboost "hot pipes"

EcoPowerParts

Reaction score
City, State
Phoenix, AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Flex Ecoboost
Development ongoing, should be done next week, this is the set that won't have stock BoV but will have an aftermarket one on the intercooler to throttle body pipe
IMG_0794.jpg

IMG_0796.jpg

IMG_0798.jpg

I will have pricing and information as soon as we're all done!

These will be available coated or uncoated your choice. The first sets available will be without provisions for the factory blow off valves and you'll have a provision for an aftermarket one.
We're going to have to machine a provision for the factory BoV to make the factory ones work, that will take a bit longer.

Of course I'll need an Explorer Sport to update the piping for you guys, just letting you know I'm working!!! :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

THANK YOU!

I want my ricer BOV LOUD!

Add to that hardpipes FINALLY!

Just want to pass along a thanks for the efforts you've put into the Ecoboost modifications!

:salute:

looks cool.....how does it affect the tune though without using the electronic factory BOVs?

Very interested to hear if there's any performance gains.

looks cool.....how does it affect the tune though without using the electronic factory BOVs?

Very interested to hear if there's any performance gains.
I doubt there will be performance gains at all but if you upgrade your turbos you'll blow the stock rubber pipes up, ask me how I know... :)

As far as the stock bov removal we have two options:
1. zip tie stockers to the tubing
2. Use a 10 ohm resister to replace them - I'm working on sourcing a connector end for this and a prebuilt resister plug so it will take two seconds to swap out.

You guys have to find me someone with an Explorer Sport here in AZ, I need one badly to fab parts for!

Looks really good. Have you thought of buying an ExSport :D. We would really appreciate it. Hopefully you find someone local soon.

I'm about 10 hours east of ya...lol

Looks really good. Have you thought of buying an ExSport :D. We would really appreciate it. Hopefully you find someone local soon.
I did but they came out after I bought my wife's '13 F150 Ecoboost SCREW

Back