• Register Today It's free!

New Problem!

calebg

Reaction score
City, State
Mobile, AL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 XLT
Well two weeks after I picked it up from Ford (broken valve), the trasmission appears to have gone out. I was driving down the road when it started jerking bad. Was at red light and when I went to accelerate.... nothing. No response from any of the gears. It's like it was sitting in park, but it was in drive.
Had to have it towed to Ford... again.

Edit: nothing sounded off, no check engine lights either... fyi

Ideas?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Any tranny leaks? I know there is no dip stick, but puddle of fluid anywhere?

I didn't have a chance to look really. I was thinking it either blew a seal and all the fluid leaked out or it's the linkage (?)

Not linkage, it's ether fluid gone or the forward clutch is burnt out. Will it go into reverse?

No. I had no reverse and no low gears either. Clutch can just go out all of the sudden like that?
Sometimes when I put it in reverse it would knock/kick really bad... other times it is smooth though. I do know that when I pulled into the parking lot Friday night, I had to reverse to straighten up... and it knocked bad then.

Ford says one of the transmission lines was not connected all the way and fluid was leaking out. I think somewhere along the way going from shop to shop with my previous problem it got disconnected and then reconnected, but not all the way.

At least it wasn't a major problem.... only cost $150 this time. Lets hope this is the last time I post a problem... hopefully some mods will be next, not repairs!!

Thanks for the quick responses and advise as always!

Back