• Register Today It's free!

New Rims

CDN_Explorer

Reaction score
City, State
New Brunswick, Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Ford Explorer LTD
Like some of you know that have been following my modifications so far, you are well aware that rims are next on the list.

I don't have them YET, but they should be here next Monday or Tuesday (or so I'm told), so I decided to share a sneak peek at what's coming:

kmc_127_Dime_gbk_2_W1.jpg

VOILA! Those will go on in 20"
In retrospect I think I should have gone with a 22" because the truck is quite a lot bigger than a Ford Edge and 22"s look good on an Edge, so by that logic, they must look good on an Ex, right!?

Maybe something to consider for next year. I already picked out a different set ;) But for now, these should be pretty sweet looking, stay tuned!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice what are they?

Nice! That black X is going to look bad ass!

Very nice! Update, I have Brembo sending me a after market brake caliper(1) for me to look at, about 2-3 weeks.

I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures!!!

I agree with what you said... 22s would look better. there is an older post where the op put the 22 edge sport wheels on his 2011 explorer... showed 22s look (imo) perfect on it.

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2749352&postcount=47

ex3j.jpg

They look more at home on the Explorer than the Edge Sport thats for sure.

Hmm, I'm really liking that. I think I found my summer wheels and keep the 20s and put some Nitto Terra Grapplers for the winters....of course dependent of where I end up in the next 6 months.

Yeah I looked into the Grapplers also, but only found the 265 option and I wasn't sure if that would fit or not, so I stayed on the safe side and stuck with the oem 20" dimensions. The roads here are pretty rough in parts with potholes and one of the reasons why I sold my lowered done up 07 GLI on 19" with low profile tires was that potholes really damage rims. That was another reason I wanted to keep some rubber on them....but damn those 22s look sexy!! And I'm a big sucker for big sexy rims! :p

This here was my baby before the Ex:

DSC02208.jpg

Honestly the 265 will be a good fit, it would only expand each side 5mm.

I looked under the oem tires and just by eyeing it will be fine. Not that it's not impossible but I really don't see or think we can really bottom out the suspension. Even under 10125lbs believe me I didn't after I hooked up the boat n trailer.

Where did you order those wheels? Did you also order a tpms?

Please do post? I'm curious to know how much you dropped per wheel, cuz these are not Walmart Prices they are asking for these wheels?

My momma thought me to share!!:D

Today was supposed to be the day. I went to the shop, test fittet the rim, fits perfectly! Then, second rim out of the box, damaged, as was the third rim. Now they need to be sent back to the States, then have a new set shipped to Canada, and then hopefully the handlers will be more careful and I will finally get my rims on. It was so frustrating, seeing them there on the ground next to my truck and not being able to put them on :(
The wait continues...

crappy man,
you sticking to the 20s right?
what the lock thing in your picture for the tpms

Sorry man, that sucks when you have been waiting. FYI, I finally installed my Shark Antenna, looks sweet, I will post a complete pic when my PC is back online.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey CDN,
Have you gotten your rims put on yet? Pictures please? :D
I'm looking at rims and have found a couple I like that look very similar to these and would love to see what they look like actually on an X.

Back