New Shoes for my ST | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New Shoes for my ST

wanna1

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 XLT
I finally settled on the wheels (MotoMetal Wheels 17x8) and tires (BF Goodrich Mud Terrains 265/70/17).
I like the look! Next is a Yakima rack followed by a front winch mount.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

very nice! I love the offroad look on our trucks!

Wow, that looks great! I'll be looking forward to seeing that winch as well and maybe some action shots. Thanks for sharing!

BTW - Damn, all these people with awesome looking modded STs are making me reconsider the thought of ditching my ST for something with better mileage and AWD (mine's 2wd, but that can be resolved with $4-5k - can't decide).

you're not gonna get better gas mileage with AWD and bigger tires, even with the V8

sweet ST bro! i also have a white ST on black wheels with mud tires and i love the look and the functionality. in fact, im also piecing together parts i need to get a safari rack on my roof with lights and switches. postm ore picks when you get your rack.

17x8 with what offset?

MotoMetal 956 black with machined lip; 17x8 with 18 ET (5.2" backspace)

I installed the Yakima rack this morning and will take some pictures this afternoon.

sweet, can't wait to see the pics!

very nice!:thumbsup:

you got to bed? :)

waiting to see this roof rack.

+1 Awesome looking wheels. Built for off-roading. Well done!

Sorry about the lack of pics. I had to leave town for a conference and will be back today. The rack is installed and I've got lots of compliments and turned heads. I'll post some pics when I get back.

Nice job on the wheel/tire selection. Looks great! :thumbsup:

Nice to see the rack on, and the truck still looks great. I imagine it must be crazy tall (for an ST) with the rack, lift and MTs.

(Finally got my damn laptop back from manufacturer repairs and it's nice to see these more pictures).

I'll try to get a picture of it next to a stock ST so that you can get a perspective. I SOMETIMES use the running boards now and I NEVER used to put a foot on them.

did you know the owner of the other ST or just used his truck as a prop in some parking lot?

This is the result of a coincidence in the Lowe's parking lot. I didn't know the owner of the ST parked next to me. I had planned to take a photo in the Ford dealership lot to compare stock vs my modified ST but this occurred yesterday so I used my iPhone to document the event.
I don't know anyone here with a 2nd Gen ST but have a friend with 1st Gen ST. The next time we are together with our trucks, I'll snap a photo of her truck next to mine.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

looking good keep up good work

Back