New Superior 8.8 upgrade kit coming out soon | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New Superior 8.8 upgrade kit coming out soon

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

oh yea this will help my sas just fine :D

the question i have is : rotors.. any off the shelf one fit the explorer with 5.5 as a pattern ?

Dam Dave you beat me! I was going to post this yesterday, but we kept having internet problems at work. :rolleyes:

I got to find out if they are going to make full with axles as well. I don't see why not.

Saw these yesterday too. I'm wondering how much they're going to cost and what it's going to take to run them. I'm thinkin $500ish? Or does someone know for sure yet?

They do sound nice. They will fit 5 on 5 or 5 on 4.5 Now I need to know what
's a 1st gen. bolt pattern?

Stic-o said:
Dam Dave you beat me! I was going to post this yesterday, but we kept having internet problems at work. :rolleyes:

I got to find out if they are going to make full with axles as well. I don't see why not.

They should but I suspect their thinking is that its time that they tap into the Explorer market now that a lot of people are wheeling them and the fact that jeep guys are using the Explorer 8.8's too.

Warn used to make a full floater kit for full width 8.8's but I believe they have discontinued them.

DB_1 said:
Warn used to make a full floater kit for full width 8.8's but I believe they have discontinued them.

That is correct ;)

I think we're going to start to see alot of aftermarket for the Explorers finally. Mostly first gen though. Most people will discover then due to them being cheap, plentful, and quite capable out of the box. We may be witnessing the next Early Bronco.

this morning I e-mailed them about the first generation ex. Just waiting for any feedback. So can that axel be used for the first gen X maybe with some mods.? I know that Moser makes a c-clip elimenator, but for straight line use only, like in drag racing.

If the first gen axles are the same width as the second gen axles then it will work. The Pirate thread claims that the Superior kit works with either drum or disc brakes.

The aftermarket C-clip eliminators are not designed for the side loads you encounter while off roading.

Both drum and disc axles are the same length. ;)

bump this kit is out cheapest on the net i found it was 495$. just need to figure what rotors to grab that will work. thinking maybe the f-150 ones. gonna check out a set at the autoparts store.

Back