New to me 96 Explorer Eddie Bauer

Clif_SC

Reaction score
City, State
Lexington, SC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2018 Explorer XLT
Greetings and Salutations!

I recently acquired a 1996 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 4.0 4WD truck. It was owned by my deceased step father since it was new, then to my mother, and now to me.

Cracking a little over 193k miles, it has had the transmission rebuilt, the cluster is going to need to be repaired, and I think there is a oil leak (haven't checked it out, just saw some when I was looking at the tires)

Things to be done :
  • Cluster - Odometer doesn't always run, Speedo and everything else runs fine
  • Headlamps - Foggy : Want to replace them, gotta figure out if I wanna go on ebay, amazon or bite it for the OEM's
  • Cornering Lamps : See above
  • Trailer Harness : Was partially removed by unknown person. I think it is from the bumper to the first connect point that is missing
  • Bezel around the stereo (Cigarette Lighter is dangling behind it) From what I can tell, I have to replace the entire thing if I want to put it back in
  • Stereo - Power knob wont stay in to turn it off, plays fine, everything else is good
  • Bluetooth - Gotta find a way to get this feature. I am on the road 1 hour a day back and forth to work, and this is a must. Not sure if I wanna replace stereo or not, it plays and has a 6CD Changer in the console
  • A/C - Unknown issue, holds on pressure test, but somewhere is leaking freon, will be going to a shop for this

I am going to do a lot of lurking, asking a few questions, and may seem ignorant on a lot, but hoping to improve.

Thanks for help, in advance

Clif

PS: Pics may be added at a later time as I can

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Congrats! I have a 95 Eddie as well 4x4, sounds like it needs work but hey don't all cars do;)
Can't wait to see some pictures of your new ( to you) beast.
Keep us updated!
-Isaac

Congrats! I have a 95 Eddie as well 4x4, sounds like it needs work but hey don't all cars do;)
Can't wait to see some pictures of your new ( to you) beast.
Keep us updated!
-Isaac
Yes, they all need works. The only change that has been made was the paint, she went to a maaco (don't hate, it's my momma ;p) paint job. Was a beautiful white onyx, now its garnett (she is a big fan of University of South Carolina)

Yes, they all need works. The only change that has been made was the paint, she went to a maaco (don't hate, it's my momma ;p) paint job. Was a beautiful white onyx, now its garnett (she is a big fan of University of South Carolina)
Mine is a deep iris metallic clear coat, pinkish red pink

Welcome to this forum! Check the stock 1995 - 2001 Explorer section, and the A/C & heater section for information.
Thanks will do! The AC is being put off till closer to warm weather, since this is not a daily driver yet, I can wait. I guarantee I will be scouring the forums, including that one

Mine is a deep iris metallic clear coat, pinkish red pink
I will put some pics up sometime this weekend (hopefully) I may even start a thread for progress

I will put some pics up sometime this weekend (hopefully) I may even start a thread for progress
That sounds awesome, I actually have a picture of it over on my registry, it's pretty recent

Not bad looking at all. I have a 96 Explorer. I need to get pictures of mine and get them up here also.

Not bad looking at all. I have a 96 Explorer. I need to get pictures of mine and get them up here also.
I am not gonna lie, I liked the White better. Also, regarding your tagline... I have both a jeep and now the explorer

I am not gonna lie, I liked the White better. Also, regarding your tagline... I have both a jeep and now the explorer

I am in a Club here in Colorado and they are all about the Jeeps. I want to be different so I drive an Explorer. :) Started out with a 78 Blazer then a 92 Bronco and now I down sized to an Explorer.

Back