New to the Explorer Family

newjerseydevil777

Reaction score
City, State
Philadelphia, PA.
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Explorer Base
Hello everyone, my name is Val.

Just two weeks ago I bought my first Ford, a 2015 Explorer. My dealer hooked me up with what I felt was a great deal, and made the conversion of a life-long Chevy Red driver to a Blue Oval one.
My old vehicle, a 2003 Trailblazer w/ 224K miles was becoming tired and collapsing around me though it still wants to pull. But it was time and this Explorer fit my needs perfectly, was at the right price and at the right time. It was meant to be.

I'm a lifelong musician and there is much more room in this than in the TB. And my wife and I were tickled by the fact that its fuel mileage KILLED the TB's. On its maiden, long-distance drive, on $30 fuel, I nearly racked up 340 miles. My poor ol TB got way less than that. Averaging 179 or so.

I love this Explorer. Though it is the base model, I see myself personalizing it just enough to distinguish it from others near me. I won't miss the amenities it doesn't have, but I get to add the ones I want.

I'm looking forward to meeting you all in the forums!
Val

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Glad to have you on the forum Val:chug:

Welcome Val.

Back