New to the game...i wanna modify

DjHumbug

Reaction score
City, State
Columbia, Maryland/Towson University
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 XLT
Newbie very interested in modification

Hey all! It's been a while since I last came here, so I still consider myself a newbie. I bought my 2002 XLT Explorer last Janruary...since then, I have added a surco safari roof rack, to update the look and for storage (I own a DJ business and carry my cart up there) I have recently become very interested in modifying my X for some off-roading. The problem is, I have no clue where to begin. When I don't have DJ equipment in the car, I drive my X as if it was an off-road machine...now, I'd just like to make it the machine that I think it can be! I'd like to spend a decent amount of money, but don't require "the best", as I am a college student on a limited budget. If anyone could please give me some ideas, a starting point (tires vs. suspension vs. grille guard???), and even good places to buy, it would be greatly apprectiated. Thanks!!

-David

welcome back, unfortunately i dont believe there are any lifts available for that year yet. i have seen a few here around southern california but most likely they were custom jobs, you could stuff some larger tires on the truck but i think thats about it

Hey all! It's been a while since I last came here, so I still consider myself a newbie. I bought my 2002 XLT Explorer last Janruary...since then, I have added a surco safari roof rack, to update the look and for storage (I own a DJ business and carry my cart up there) I have recently become very interested in modifying my X for some off-roading. The problem is, I have no clue where to begin. When I don't have DJ equipment in the car, I drive my X as if it was an off-road machine...now, I'd just like to make it the machine that I think it can be! I'd like to spend a decent amount of money, but don't require "the best", as I am a college student on a limited budget. If anyone could please give me some ideas, a starting point (tires vs. suspension vs. grille guard???), and even good places to buy, it would be greatly apprectiated. Thanks!!

-David

Back