• Register Today It's free!

New Torsion Keys to Lower

edgrenade

Reaction score
City, State
Tracy, California
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 explorer sport

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

They work but not enough!!

you can get two inches lower with the new key almost 2 1/2! we used the keys for an 2004 edge and then my friend bought the same ones for his explorer!!

So you used the keys that I'm talking about and are satisfied?

And you said they dropped 2" lower than the stock ones would allow?

Im already riding my bump stops with the torsion bolts removed. Just take out your bolts and see if that gets the desired stance your looking for before you spend the $$ on the new keys

I want to go lower than that though, about 3", everybody says you only get 2" from a TT.

yep

they get you as low as flipping the stock keys and the most you are gonna get is 2 and a half inches unless you cut off the bump stop bracket or find control arms or spindles!! yes you can get up to four inches by flipping the keys or buying new ones and cutting off the bump stop brackets and also buying camber plates!!

they get you as low as flipping the stock keys and the most you are gonna get is 2 and a half inches unless you cut off the bump stop bracket or find control arms or spindles!! yes you can get up to four inches by flipping the keys or buying new ones and cutting off the bump stop brackets and also buying camber plates!!

If you are on the bumpstops, is the ride quality worse? I don't want to lower mine if the ride is going to be crap. I hate the thought of my X bouncing like I have seen the mini-trucks do when going down the road.

If you are on the bumpstops, is the ride quality worse? I don't want to lower mine if the ride is going to be crap. I hate the thought of my X bouncing like I have seen the mini-trucks do when going down the road.

It won't be that bad at all, although it will be a bit "firmer"

i had a set of these keys on a 4wd tahoe. and i loved them. b/c i did the torsion drop at first by just crankin the bolts down but when i took it to get it aligned the guy had to crank them back up. once i bought these it allowed me to keep the tires aligned and still ride 3 inches lower.

Back