New Trans Pan - With Drain Plug *4R55E & 4R44E* | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New Trans Pan - With Drain Plug *4R55E & 4R44E*

ExploderOne

Reaction score
City, State
Minnesnowta
Year, Model & Trim Level
`96 Eddie Bauer 4.0L
While doing some mindless surfing yesterday I bumped into a company called PML that makes (or is in the process) of making a trans pan for the 4R55E and 4R44E that increases capacity by 2 quarts and will have a drain plug. :D :D :D
www.yourcovers.com/newproducts.htm (about half way down the page)

I asked them when the pan would be ready and they said the Sept. time frame. Also asked the price and they said $150 to $200. Kinda spendy, but I absolutely hate getting trans fluid all over my garage :frustrate, so I'm definitely going to get one!

They also sell a rear diff cover that increases capacity and has a drain plug. :D :D :D
www.yourcovers.com/newdifferential.htm

Just thought I'd share a little maintenance "love".

:usa:Nate:usa:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Would this fit 5R55Es? I would asume so.

I found it humorous that they list the 7.5" rear diff cover as being for Explorers. :rolleyes:

Majisto:

Good question. Use their Feeback Page to ask them.

Nate

The increased capacity would be nice but if its just the plug your intrested in B & M sells one for much less..
I think I paid $10. or less for a plug. Just drill a hole in the pan, Screw in plug holder and put in plug. It has worked well for the last three yrs.

Bill,

Yeah, I loves them drain plugs!;)
I guess I'm interested all the features of this improved design, like the increased capacity, stronger, lighter and thicker matting surface (roughly 10 times thicker - .350 vs .030) and the all important drain plug.

In the mean time do you have a source and a part # for the B&M drain plug for the 4R55E? Will they work for the rear diff as well?

Thanks,
Nate

Answering my own question: RE: Source and Part# for drain plug.

Use the flippin' Search feature!
Results from: drain plug B&M

Oops! I should know better...

Thanks,
Nate

Would that pan fit an A4LD?

Back