new truck, need help cheatin' the parents | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

new truck, need help cheatin' the parents

sorry

my advice to you is to save your money. don't piss it away by dumping all your cash into something that is disposable. enjoy what you have, not to many kids your age have such a nice vehicle to start driving in. learn how to drive responsibly first . trust me when i say you'll wish you would have saved some of your money, when you didn't need to pay grown up bills. i have 3 kids , my oldest son is in the marines in okanawa, japan. he races cars and spends all his money on them. needless to say when he is done he won't have money to put down on a house.
my younger son , who didn't care to work much or save his money that he did make, found out his girlfriend is pregnant .
if i were you , like the other sensible guys in here recomended get your dad involved with your passions/ hobbies/ interests. you will never regret spending quality time with your dad. he might even spring for some of your mods.:thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

if i were you , like the other sensible guys in here recomended get your dad involved with your passions/ hobbies/ interests. you will never regret spending quality time with your dad. he might even spring for some of your mods.:thumbsup:

lol trust me, me and my dad hanf out alot,
we are currently rebuilding a 1965 boston whaler nauset (i think thats how its spelled), a 1976 laser,were redoing the bottom on our 30 footer, and we, well, im rebuilding a 1970's clubcar couche while he watches lol

my advice to you is to save your money. don't piss it away by dumping all your cash into something that is disposable. enjoy what you have, not to many kids your age have such a nice vehicle to start driving in. learn how to drive responsibly first . trust me when i say you'll wish you would have saved some of your money, when you didn't need to pay grown up bills. i have 3 kids , my oldest son is in the marines in Okinawa, Japan. he races cars and spends all his money on them. needless to say when he is done he won't have money to put down on a house.
my younger son , who didn't care to work much or save his money that he did make, found out his girlfriend is pregnant .
if i were you , like the other sensible guys in here recommended get your dad involved with your passions/ hobbies/ interests. you will never regret spending quality time with your dad. he might even spring for some of your mods.:thumbsup:

AMEN!!!! You've hit it right on the head.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

i heard about the chips because my uncle has one in his c5 that did affect the sound, and i'd rather not go straight piping a automatic, its just not the same as doing it on a stick

Huh!? Do you know what "straight piping" is? Before you do anything to your vehicle read around on the internet A LOT. You've been terribly misinformed.

i heard about the chips because my uncle has one in his c5 that did affect the sound, and i'd rather not go straight piping a automatic, its just not the same as doing it on a stick

and i guess i am an idiot, pretty much everything i knew about the engine was what i heard from the guys at the ford dealership while i was getting the oil changed

Straight piping a vehicle is loud, fuel sucking, and ILLEGAL. It removes all 4 catalytic converters (emission control devices) and the muffler. You are not going to pass your inspection with a straight pipe. Doing this also removes the back pressure required by the engine to run properly and will kill your torque curve. Also, auto or stick, it makes little or no difference to whatever power gains you think you might be getting.

Welcome to this forum! It looks like a nice truck. Read as many threads on this site as you can before you get into modifying. There are a lot of products on the market, and not everything is as good as they make them sound.

slightish update kinda, lol well my dad realy does'nt care what i do to it anymore, and my mom is starting to warm up to the idea some, lol instead of "no." im getting "when you have the money we'll talk." but since i only get to work during the summer and i've been useing my savings from last year to cover gas and insurance im down to my last $950 =/ but school enda in a few weeks and then its back to the Gill headquarters and 12 hour days mon-sat then i'll work from there.

but im having a kinda odd problem with my mounty, when i give it gas the engine makes a "ticking" noise, but one the engine catches up with the pedal its just fine. my dad says its a blown exhaust gasket but im not to sure.

also, im i the only one that only sometimes can unlock the truck? on somedays no matter how many times i get the unlock button it just wont open =/ and strangely the same thing is happening to my dads suburban =?

Congrats on them easing up:thumbsup:, and very clean ride!

Congrats on them easing up:thumbsup:, and very clean ride!

lol thanks :D she needs some new rubbers, so im thinking once i get her running strong i mite just go ahead and get some new shoes too, lol nothing too blingy.

a frend of mine did this to his mounty.hes a member (boomin)alot of his mode iss work good for you. explorer express suspension kit and a set of cobra wheels will look great on that truck. a niice mac intake, tmh headers and a muffler of your choice will do u plinty of good. but i will agree compleatly agree listen to turtle. i didnt listen to my dad. and i lost my truck after a few months. i moded itto fast past my driving ability. i totaled my ranger and a brand new surburban in less than a second.
12558drop_001.jpg

lol thanks :D she needs some new rubbers, so im thinking once i get her running strong i mite just go ahead and get some new shoes too, lol nothing too blingy.

:D "she needs new rubbers"
hahaha

Anywho, I getcha with the rims, I hate the gaudy, overkill, too much goin on rims, my ideal rim, is a chrome, or black 5 spoke style, with a chrome or black lip, and thats about it, nothing special or gaudy.

At your age I was stoooopid! I got an Elcamino SS with the 350 and 4 barrel. That thing was fast and light in the ass. I put headers and had my quadrajet ported and tuned! Bad Mutha! Dual glass packs, took the grandpa topper of, got white letter tires, took auto Mechanics class through my school at a Vocational school, and wrenched it myself. All at age 16. My dad said( "you wanna put it on it, you buy it!") I worked 25-30 hrs on top of school to do all that. When you are young and inexperienced, something like that can get you in trouble quick. Most of my friends have muscle cars(i.e. camaro's, chevelle's, monte's) all built and fast. I was the only one that didn't lose their drivers license by 18. Put that money into a nice sound system and good Anti theft!

a frend of mine did this to his mounty.hes a member (boomin)alot of his mode iss work good for you. explorer express suspension kit and a set of cobra wheels will look great on that truck. a niice mac intake, tmh headers and a muffler of your choice will do u plinty of good. but i will agree compleatly agree listen to turtle. i didnt listen to my dad. and i lost my truck after a few months. i moded itto fast past my driving ability. i totaled my ranger and a brand new surburban in less than a second.
12558drop_001.jpg

thats a really nice mounty ;) lol but i dont plan on doing tons of upgrades, i've seen too many kids have their parents but them camaros, mustangs, mercedes, and bmws, all newer models then the kid twin turbo them and so far i've seen 3 out of 8 that have not ended up wraped around a pole. and yes turdle has been lots of help with parts, and advice :D

:D "she needs new rubbers"
hahaha

Anywho, I getcha with the rims, I hate the gaudy, overkill, too much goin on rims, my ideal rim, is a chrome, or black 5 spoke style, with a chrome or black lip, and thats about it, nothing special or gaudy.

lol i was thinking a simple while 5 spoke kinda like on ken blocks gymkhana
ken-block-gymkhana-two-560.jpg

that style, just 5 spoke lol

At your age I was stoooopid! I got an Elcamino SS with the 350 and 4 barrel. That thing was fast and light in the ass. I put headers and had my quadrajet ported and tuned! Bad Mutha! Dual glass packs, took the grandpa topper of, got white letter tires, took auto Mechanics class through my school at a Vocational school, and wrenched it myself. All at age 16. My dad said( "you wanna put it on it, you buy it!") I worked 25-30 hrs on top of school to do all that. When you are young and inexperienced, something like that can get you in trouble quick. Most of my friends have muscle cars(i.e. camaro's, chevelle's, monte's) all built and fast. I was the only one that didn't lose their drivers license by 18. Put that money into a nice sound system and good Anti theft!

wow lol that just sounds awesome! but like all of them lost their license? but im not really into the big sound systems lol... i'll be traveling alot in it to go sailing so i'll need all the space i can get, big speakers just take up too much room =/

Lord, is that a tape deck?

lol are you refering to the tape player?

if so yea lol... it was my grandfathers lol, but it works just fine and to keep it is free, i mite replace it with one i can plug my ipod into but till then it works just fine ;)

but thanks for all the comments guys :D

Wait... so you listen to tapes?...

Back