New user, multiple misfires and running lean in bank 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New user, multiple misfires and running lean in bank 2

Bsam1983

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Ford Explorer V6 4.0
Alright, im new here guys so first hello. I have a 2002 Ford Exp and i have multiple misfires as well as a lean running condition in bank 2. I changed the number 1 injector at the advice of a friend...no luck. From what ive read it could be a vacuum leak, how would i go about finding that? Changed all plugs and wires appear to be good as well. Did a coil pack ohms test and all good but i still think it could be the culprit for whatever reason. Starting to really stress me out haha. Any help or hints would be greatly appreciated. I assume it not safe at all to be driving around with this rough condition. Thanks for any and all help!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

People spray carb cleaner around the engine. The vacuum leak would suck it in and change the engine idle.
I've not done this myself.

Most common problem is vacuum leaks. The elbow going to the fuel pressure regulator, the elbow at the base of the throttle body for the PCV and the small colored plastic vacuum lines themselves are the most common. Visually inspect first and if nothing is found try spraying some carb clean around the intake gaskets and throttle body gaskets and vacuum lines with the engine running. You will hear the idle change if you come across the leak.

What exactly is it connected to? Im looking and found a few that could be it. I see a few small elbows in hard to get to places. Should the correct elbow be hard to get to? Ive read multiple places about a crack in this small elbow but can't seem to find it in my 2002 4.0 explorer. Any help would be great

what's the exact code? need to fix the multiple misfires (or a misfire) first. A misfire could cause a lean condition. Now why was #1 injector replaced when you have a lean code on bank 2 (#5-#8)

-----------------------------------------------------------
MY MOUNTY
http://www.facebook.com/diyfordexplorer/photos_albums

Did you get this sorted out yet?

Back