New Winch Mount Bumper For Kirby's Jo | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New Winch Mount Bumper For Kirby's Jo

Kirby N.

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Colorado Springs, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 Ranger
New Winch Mount Bumper For Kirby's Jo PICS WORK NOW!

I was thinking I needed a stubby type front bumper for my new winch, so here it is. I made it out of a couple of pieces of beefy angle and an old bumper that came with the winch. I think it turned out good. I need to add some tube soon to protect the lights and grill. I seemed to use my other bumper out there a ton...

Winch Mount ( I think I need to make a thread For this)

100_2638.jpg

Side View

100_2639.jpg

Top View

100_2641.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

slim and clean :thumbsup:

i like your navajo

Thanks!

I don't know why the aren't showing. They aren't showing for me either. Any one have any ideas on what I am doing wrong?

I don't know what I did, but they are showing for me now. You can see them all at:

http://www.colorado4x4.org/gallery/showimage.php?i=5139&c=3&userid=2516

My goal was to tuck it up as close as possible. It can't get any closer. It is almost touching the core support. It could have been higher, but I wanted it down between the rails to keep it mounted strong.

I heard that wedling it to the frame is bad because welds fail catastophically and the bumper could become a flying people killer.

It is bolted to the frame on with 4 -1/2" bolts and the winch plate is bolted to the mounts with 4 1/2" bolts and welded

If the pics aren't showing then how did RJ see em??

i have magic navajo powers.

they work fine for me :rolleyes:

I don't know can you see them?

If the pics aren't showing then how did RJ see em??

I was thinking the same thing.

Kirby N., Also the link provided requires a login and password.

Its just not your night is it.

POOP! I don't know...

Pffftt whata bunch of asshats over there. tried to register to see the pics and then it tells me i have to pay 20 buxs because i use a supposedly "free" E-mail service? BS!

Kirby tell the Admin over there to pull there heads out of there assets.

It will let you register for free with out paying the $20. I just paid up so I could use the pic gallery. Alot of good that did me.

...i see the pics just fine :thumbsup:

I have used 3 different browsers to try and see the pics and nothing.

EDIT Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /gallery/files/2/5/1/6/100_2638.jpg on this server.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache Server at www.colorado4x4.org Port 80

???

...here you go, i hope you can see these..:D

1002638er3.jpg

1002639xx9.jpg

1002641gc9.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back