• Register Today It's free!

Newbie (to the forum)

haas_chris

Reaction score
City, State
Leesburg, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Explorer Limited AWD
I feel like first day of a new school and I need to introduce myself and tell the class a little bit about myself! LOL

I have come across this forum a few times recently (unfortunately due to me searching a few issues with my Explorer) and I am glad I have found this new avenue of knowledge.

I have a 2000 Explorer Limited, V8 AWD. I am the "Original" owner (there was 15,000 miles on it from the dealership when I bought it, but was still able to buy it as "new") and have loved it from day 1. Recently it has had a few minor issues which caused me to do some research and I found this gem of a forum and decided to join in! I look forward to gathering all the useful information people have on here to help keep me moving forward with my repairs/maintenance.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the forum. I'm surprised it's taken you this long to find us, but by the sound of it, it seems you haven't had any issues until now:chug:

How many miles do you have on your Explorer now?

Thank you for the welcome!

Yes I have been lucky with the repairs needed on it but its about time for me to give it some loving that is due. Fortunately I have mostly been able to skate by with regular maintenance and a few repairs.

I will have to check but it is around 160,000 on it (If I remember correctly), for quite a few years I had a company van and no life so I would drive the van to and from work and do nothing when I got home, so the Explorer just sat for days at a time. The past 5-6 years I have been in a different position and do not have the company vehicle anymore so I am driving this daily and to job sites once a week, so most of the miles on the truck have been added the past 5 years or so.

After going through a bunch of posts and comments, my list of things to do and things I want to do is getting longer!

Approx. 250 - 300 miles a week. I am about 15 miles from my office so 30 per day round trip, then the job sites are throughout the area. (Plus weekend driving not for work, which is part of the 250 - 300 estimate not in addition to).

Welcome to EF.

Back