Newest after, flex shot | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Newest after, flex shot

Now that I finally got my 4wd working and got most of the bugs out i tired to test her out a bit... here is a before 4wd conversion (3" bodyand 32's)
Dead Link Removed

Here is my shot of tonight flexing the rear out. The difference in the truck in the pics is now I have 4wd, shackle/spacer lift, sway bar disconnects, and 33x12.50 Goodyear MT/R's
Dead Link Removed

The LR tire is off the ground by .5" and the RR tires is stuffed into the fenderwall. But all and all I don;t think it is to bad for shackle/spacer and 3" body...

Chris

PS, sorry about the large images... i'll shrink them more next time

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

looks good
not bad indeed for just a shackle lift

I like the exhaust!!!;)

Thanks guys. I love the exhaust set up I have on it now... sounds real good too. I am gona see what it sounds like with out a muffler on it tonight if i get bored. I have a flowmaster 40 series on it now.

Chris

First off, your truck looks awesome. I love the color and the lift.

Im preparing to put a James Duff 2.5" lift on my truck and get new tires. Ive been debating on a body lift on top of that before I get new tires. Do you have anymore pictures of your truck with the body lift where you can see the frame (without the snow)? Im curious as to how the body lift will make my truck look. Was your body lift hard to put on? Thanks.

Thanks for the compliment. As far as the body lift, it wasn;t hard to do, it just took some time. I didn;t have air, just hand tools and one of the front bushings was stuck so I had to cut the bolt and bushing out with a hacksaw so that took a long time. Other than that just follow the directions and it is no problem. As far as pictures... let me see what I can find and I will post back

Chris

here is one side shot:
Dead Link Removed

And here is another one which i think you can see it better with:
Dead Link Removed

You're in Mechanicsville huh? My dad works at colonial farm credit across from the skate place. He recently moved from Hanover Grove to Old Church on Flannigan Mill. I am installing the shackle spacer lift this weekend. Maybe sometime when i am in the neighborhood I can see your truck in person. BTW A couple friends and I are headed to the GWNF Oct. 12-13 if you want to go. I am going to school in Newport News (CNU) but I am up that way all the time.

October 12th might work, I have off that weekend, so just as long as i can get ahold of a trailer I am game. She's doesn;t have any plates or insurance so ya know. I like like 5 minutes away from hanover grove and used to play hockey at the rink over there. Small world I guess. Also, my best friend goes to CNU, Tom Alexander he's a Sophmore. I guess let me know for sure if yall are going on the 12th. My email is Isles4evr@aol.com

thanks
Chris

Is there any rubbing on the front tires when you turn? It looks pretty close.

Hey Chris,
truck looks great....what gears are you running

Ryan

It rubbs when i cut it full right, but that is only because of some body dammage i have there and the wheel well got ripped up a bit. It is close though.

I am running 3.55's right now. I wish I had some 4.10's in there since it isn;t a daily driver anymore. Just gotta get some more cash first, as I am still recovering from my 4wd conversion and 33" MT/R's.

Chris

Man if your front tires don't rub it must be a miricle. We're talking about full lock steering right? What are your wheel specs?

Looks good Chris. Nice wheels, goes good with the color.

I am not really sure what the specs as far as offset are. They are 15x8's. I must be one of the lucky ones i guess. I ran 32's with a 3" body and only rubbed a tiny tiny bit at full lock.

Back