• Register Today It's free!

No A/C clutch or Front Fan Blower

Mavvv

Reaction score
City, State
San Antonio, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Merc Mountaineer
2001 MercMountaineer AC front blower and compressor clutch NOT running. All fuses 40 amp and 10 amp and 7.5 amp good. EATC Computer comes on...and can manually run fan speed to max and hear fan relay click when going to max speed. NO FAN....NO COMPRESSOR CLUTCH ENGAGE.
Pulled relay/diode under fan....tested as diode ok on 2 big main terminals. Zero volts going to blower on big wires. What to check next ? No parts have been swapped...never been to shop. :mad:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

First step is make sure system has refrigerant. If no refrigerant or low pressure due to leak, compressor will not turn on.

Was ice cold

It is pressurized.....ice cold. The front blower will not run and has NO 12 volts to the power cable. There is a click in relay when rolling the speed controller full up/down on variable speed reostat. I need 12 volts to the fan and clutch.:(

first off, the compressor clutch and the fan power having nothing in common in terms of power so you have TWO separate problems. IF you have "ICE COLD", then your compressor is indeed working and does not appear to be the problem. IF you are referring to the lines as being "ice cold" then perhaps the compressor is an issue but I have never found that "touching" the lines have never been "ice cold" without some form of compressor operation. Get some gages and check both high and low pressures along with a meter and check the low pressure switch, high pressure switch and the WOT relay.

Your fan problem is a classic problem. Tons of posts, the controller may have an issue as others have found.

It is pressurized. There are zero volts to fan from the controller. There are zero volts to clutch when turned on by computer.

Bud...you are reading too much into what was stated. There are ZERO volts to clutch...ZERO volts to fan. Maybe if I restated the sentance about MOVING FAN SPEED ROLLER WHEEL TO MAX.......ZERO VOLTS. Putting computer to MAX COOLING 60F SETTING.....ZERO VOLTS TO FAN.....ZERO VOLTS TO CLUTCH.
Computer will not engage clutch or fan.
>>>>>>>>
Does the BLOWER SPEED CONTROLLER EATC SENSOR XL2H-19E624-AB control both fan and clutch to have volts when the little relay keys down?

confusion rains on both sides... what are you talking about "ice cold" then????? very confusing. Next.... the sensor has little or nothing to do with the voltage as in most car cases, voltage isn't switched but grounds are and IF I am not mistaken that is indeed that case here. Anyways, as I said tons of posts to look at... that's the hint along with my other suggestions.

Back