NO CEL but have readable codes...

Cheddar_Dan

Reaction score
City, State
Rocky Top, Tennessee
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Exploder XLT
Hey All!

First I appreciate all of the help with my many recent "tickets"- thank-you! This recent adventure began with rough/rich idle and sub 11 mpg. I then replaced DPFE and MAF sensor and truck is running much, much better -but... Codes are still available if I go looking for them...

Today's entry will be sort of an update and question. Truck is currently running near normal and 99% smooth, but I get the occasional whiff of gasoline and a micro-glitch, stutter, single something that makes my eyes look down expecting to see a CEL. There is no CEL illumination but if I paperclip for codes I see 157, 332, 335 and 336. This vehicle has a history of alleged crud build-up in the emissions system but location unknown. I can't help but wonder if there is more crud to be picked-out from intake or ? somewhere in that vicinity related to the codes. Any guesses??

Best!
.cd

157 R,C Mass Air Flow Sensor below minimum voltage
332 C,R EGR valve opening not detected
335 O EGR Sensor voltage out-of-range
336 R EGR circuit higher than expected

Check vacuum to egr control solenoid, and also check the the dpfe hoses have not been reversed, or, have splits in the ends. Ref is lower ( closest to engine ) dpfe hose.

Back