• Register Today It's free!

no crank

rbowers

Reaction score
City, State
west virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 ford explorer v6
Has anyone else had this problem? I was going to replace the radio in my 04 explorer v6 and i removed the dash trim that is over the instrument cluster and then the trim around the radio(then realized that i could have left the trim in place around the cluster) but i then decided not to replace radio and put it back together. I did not remove anything else. I did unhook the battery while doing this and put the steering wheel all the way down using the tilt wheel. I then hooked the battery back up and the vehicle started just fine. Later on i went to start it and nothing!!!!!! The battery checks out as well as all fuses. All the dash lights come on but nothing when i tried to start. I added a jumper wire to the starter and the motor turns over fine but no start! I noticed that the anti theft light stays on for about 30 secounds when in the on position and then starts blinking. Seems there is a anti theft problem maybe? Anyone have any ideas??

if its blinking rapidly the pats key system isnt reading your key...try another one...if not might have to get it reprogrammed...

2004 4.0 Started same thing after Batt swap. Very dissapointed :( I did the batt. for a friend and he only has one key, so it's looking like we're gonna have to tow it to Ford and then pay 130bucks for two new keys because they have to reprogram the PATS/PCM then program keys to it.

Thanks for the info guys,that seems to be what it is .

Back