No dash, parking, tag or running lights on 2000 Explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

No dash, parking, tag or running lights on 2000 Explorer

Wolffox

Reaction score
City, State
Milton, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Ford Explorer
My head lights and fog lights work, but I don't have any running lights; dash lights tag lights or parking lights. I checked the fuses and they are all OK. I can't figure out what is going on. Any suggestions? Thanks

Update: I just noticed that with the Auto lamp sensor engaged tonight everything worked fine. The running lights, dash lights, parking and tag lights worked. But if I switch off the Auto lamp switch on the rearview mirror off and manually switch the parking lights or the headlights on then the running, dash, tag or parking lights don’t work. Can I assume that the manual light switch is bad or is there a relay that is bad? Thanks

My head lights and fog lights work, but I don't have any running lights; dash lights tag lights or parking lights. I checked the fuses and they are all OK. I can't figure out what is going on. Any suggestions? Thanks

Update: I just noticed that with the Auto lamp sensor engaged tonight everything worked fine. The running lights, dash lights, parking and tag lights worked. But if I switch off the Auto lamp switch on the rearview mirror off and manually switch the parking lights or the headlights on then the running, dash, tag or parking lights don’t work. Can I assume that the manual light switch is bad or is there a relay that is bad? Thanks

Since things work correctly with the Autolamp switch, which I believe uses the same park lamp relay (no access to wiring diagrams right now), I would more likely think that it is your headlamp switch. However, it's probably easier and cheaper to swap out the relay (maybe with another one in the vehicle) and see if that fixes it before removing/replacing switch. Good luck.

Back