No fuel pump no spark no start! help | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

No fuel pump no spark no start! help

kosakoskim

Reaction score
City, State
WI
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 explorer XLT
Just replaced transmission, battery terminals and had both o2 sensors off. The motor just turns over, i dont hear the pump prime and i dont have any spark. I looked around for anything obvious and i have checked the inertia switch. What else would cause both the fuel pump and ignition to not work.

I also am not getting the check engine light with the key on. Thanks in advance, this one has me really stumped

That sounds like a perfect picture of a fault in the main EEC power supply circuit. Check the EEC fuse and relay.

A somewhat common error when installing a transmission is to get a wire pinched (either to the shift solenoids or the O2 sensor wires) in between the bellhousing and the engine block. If the red EEC power supply wire is one that gets pinched, it shorts out the EEC power circuit blowing the EEC fuse.

EEC fuse was blown. Bad part was i checked it right away and couldnt tell the fuse was blown, and 4 hours later I back track to the fuse and yep its blown.

Back