• Register Today It's free!

No Heater!!

missbehavin

Reaction score
City, State
Punxsutawney PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 Sport
Help! The heater in my '97 just quit working!! :mad: PA winters are no fun without heat!!!
We checked all the fuses....fine.
Replaced relay... no luck.
Took it to a shop and they said the blower motor was bad. Put a new one in..... still didn't work!
Replaced the Blower Motor Resistor.....still nothing.
Replaced switch in dash.....still no blow!!!!!!
Help!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ok
I would check for voltage at the relay--since this is easy and in the center of the circuit--
My power distribution block (where relays plug in) developed bad connections

also--are you sure you replaced the correct relay?
autozone's info is incorrect--

Use a test light to see if you are getting power to the blower motor. If not, then check fuses and relays. I would think that the shop would have at least checked for power to the motor. If you do have power to the motor, then check the ground.

If you'll look right there under the hood where your heater core hose run towards the firewall on mine there is a little round dude that looks almost like a fuel filter but it's plastic on the outside and has a vacuum line on top of it. It controls the flow of coolant going to your heater core and it's very much possable that it is stuck shut. Try removing the vacuum line from it for a few minutes and see if that doesn't work or you can try buying a new one to replace it or even a big enough piece of pvc pipe and bypassing it on a temp basis just to see if that's what it is. Good luck, hope it works for you. :)

:) Thank you all for the input...... But we took it to a different garage and they discovered a 4" piece of wire under the air cleaner that was "bad." When they replaced that...IT WORKED...but only on high so we also replaced the resistor (again) and everything is working now! Yeah....now that it's 50 degrees outside!! LOL But thanks again!

okay, Im a year late for this one. I too had blower motor problems and they were rooted in that damn relay box under the air intake. shook the wires a bit and now everything works fine!

If you'll look right there under the hood where your heater core hose run towards the firewall on mine there is a little round dude that looks almost like a fuel filter but it's plastic on the outside and has a vacuum line on top of it. It controls the flow of coolant going to your heater core and it's very much possable that it is stuck shut. Try removing the vacuum line from it for a few minutes and see if that doesn't work or you can try buying a new one to replace it or even a big enough piece of pvc pipe and bypassing it on a temp basis just to see if that's what it is. Good luck, hope it works for you. :)

His problem wasn't coolant flow...his fan wouldn't work.

My blower does not work and I have been searching for the solution. However I am not that mechanically inclined but I am a do-it-yourselfer. The heat itself works good but you can only feel after you are going 50mph or more. I would like to try the suggestions here before replacing the motor but I am not familiar with the locations of the parts mentioned.

As for the relay will swaping out the relay from other components work or do I need a relay especially for the motor?

Back