• Register Today It's free!

No high beams

Tired Iron

Reaction score
City, State
Black Daimond, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 sport
My high beams quit working. It's quite a suprise when I hit the switch and lose my lights. The lows always work, the bulbs are fine. Is there a relay I should check or a fuse?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi:

I am assuming that your x has day time running lights. Do these also not work? I am also assuming that when you say the bulbs are good that you tested the bulb. If you do a search on here for wiring diagrams (there are several) you should be able to trace the connectors for the lights to help narrow down the problem.

PaMnd

No I do not have daytime running lights, I did a bulb inspection with my eyes, I've seen enough bad bulbs to know these are good and they both quit at the same time. with that said i better go ohm test them and prove i'm a liar. i'm gonna try to find a wiring diagram.

Sounds like a bad HIgh Beam relay but I'm sorry, not sure if it's located under the dash or in the engine compartment.
Hopefully someone will chime in

Problem solved!

I made a thoural visual inspection under the hood, found no relay. so I resorted to the checking the bulbs. Who would have guessed that both bulbs would go at the same time...

they weren't very old either, maybe I won't get the fancy blue ones this time, they seem to have a short life span. Any recomendations for something better than stock, more bright and not too fragile for wheeling?

I made a thoural visual inspection under the hood, found no relay. so I resorted to the checking the bulbs. Who would have guessed that both bulbs would go at the same time...

they weren't very old either, maybe I won't get the fancy blue ones this time, they seem to have a short life span. Any recomendations for something better than stock, more bright and not too fragile for wheeling?

When installing the bulbs, do not touch the glass part of the bulb with your hands. That will shorten the life tremendously.
On the '91 I think the relay is under the fuse box that sits on the passenger fender

Back