No longer recognizing iPod through USB | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

No longer recognizing iPod through USB

explorernoles

Reaction score
City, State
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 Limited
Hey Everyone,

Wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this issue. To this point, my iPod has always worked perfectly through one of the two USB ports, but over the last couple weeks, I can't get the iPod to play.

At first I thought maybe the USB chord was burnt out, but I can still see it's charging the iPod and I even bought a new one the other night at Best Buy and that one didn't do the trick either.

If I try to hit the Entertainment tab on the screen, I can see the USB tab but when I press it, a message comes up saying USB not recognized.

If I try to access it via the steering wheel controls, the USB option never displays between CD and BT Stero as it normally world.

The other weird part is when I plug my iPhone into either one of the two USB ports, it charges fine and I'm able to access it no problem through the steering wheel controls or Entertainment tab on the screen.

I checked MFT to see if an update was available for my Explorer and it says I'm up to date.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Mine has done this about twice in the past year too. I have an older iPod nano that is always plugged in. The fix for me is to do a restore the iPod and re-sync all your music through iTunes.

Hi explorernoles,

Have you tried rebooting your iPod? In most cases, that will fix the issue you're having. To find out how to reboot your's, go here:

http://www.apple.com/support/ipod/

If that doesn't work for you, try what Riley suggested. Let me know how it goes!

Rebecca

Hi explorernoles,

Have you tried rebooting your iPod? In most cases, that will fix the issue you're having. To find out how to reboot your's, go here:

http://www.apple.com/support/ipod/

If that doesn't work for you, try what Riley suggested. Let me know how it goes!

Rebecca

Thanks, Rebecca! The reboot did the trick.

Back