No more mirror tint... | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

No more mirror tint...

That Flex mod looks awesome!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

This thread is the solution to my current problems. Thank you so much! Below are pictures with what I was doing. Not only did I switch to 99+ glass on my 96 Limited, but I did the Flex Mod (C-Pillar Paint Mod) and needed the back blackened BADLY. Can you post a link to your outdoor tint material? Thanks so much!

IMG_20130603_180204.jpg

IMG_20130604_144226.jpg

How hard was it to swap out all the glass? I have been playing with the idea on my '96 Eddie Bauer. Your truck looks real sharp.

Good work.

I hope that people will begin to buy and save some of the most expensive and rare parts from these trucks. Find all of the spare glass that you can, all of it is super expensive to buy, if you could find it new(NOS). The quarter glass is the worst, it was nearly $500 apiece the last time I checked.

Good work.

I hope that people will begin to buy and save some of the most expensive and rare parts from these trucks. Find all of the spare glass that you can, all of it is super expensive to buy, if you could find it new(NOS). The quarter glass is the worst, it was nearly $500 apiece the last time I checked.

What? I was just at the Junk Yard today.. there where well over 15 sets of glass there. Plus they have a flat rate for all glass...

What? I was just at the Junk Yard today.. there where well over 15 sets of glass there. Plus they have a flat rate for all glass...

I'm saying buy it while you can, and don't tell them that it costs big bucks from Ford, when they had it. I got everything new from Ford for the rubber seals, the back door small glass(only way to get the seals), and that's when I learned that the quarter glass was $480ish back then(2008-2009).

When the trucks are rare in the yards, what is left will have bad rubber, the sun will have damaged all of them. My 1998 shows the start of the rubber cracking around an edge or two.

Find some great glass pieces, and get them now.

I'm saying buy it while you can, and don't tell them that it costs big bucks from Ford, when they had it. I got everything new from Ford for the rubber seals, the back door small glass(only way to get the seals), and that's when I learned that the quarter glass was $480ish back then(2008-2009).

When the trucks are rare in the yards, what is left will have bad rubber, the sun will have damaged all of them. My 1998 shows the start of the rubber cracking around an edge or two.

Find some great glass pieces, and get them now.

Oh, I didn't realize you meant brand new. I planned on buying the glass soon anyway. So I can save it for a weekend project or something a long those lines. What makes you think that the explorers are going to become rare all of sudden? There is still A LOT of them on the road.

Oh, I didn't realize you meant brand new. I planned on buying the glass soon anyway. So I can save it for a weekend project or something a long those lines. What makes you think that the explorers are going to become rare all of sudden? There is still A LOT of them on the road.
I have been collecting parts for my Fords since the early 80's. I'm used to seeing how Ford obsoletes the parts, and a few years later there will be fewer and fewer vehicles in the yards.

It will be slow to happen, but every single time they seem to disappear while you forget to look for something for a while. Then they will quickly seem to be hard to find. I can say that happened to the 70's bid Fords(I had a Gran Torino and a Ranchero), the Mark VII's went away about ten years ago, and the Explorer will go in the next few years.

Just find and save what you may need in the next ten years. Get the rubber exterior parts most of all, plus interior pieces like door panels and seats.

Back