• Register Today It's free!

No more mirror tint...

expo864

Reaction score
City, State
sc
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 expo
TO ALL THOSE THAT HAVE WANTED TO GET YOUR TINT TO MATCH THE BACK WINDOWS ON 95-97 EXPLORER I HAVE FOUND A SOLUTION..LOL
BEFORE
jpg-2.jpg

AFTER
ad0c4c71.jpg

72ccdd23.jpg

I GOT SOME OUTDOOR TINT AND PLACED IT ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE WINDOWS 10 CAR WASHES LATER STILL LOOKING GOOD...

A LIL BONUS..LOL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AVNerZ8lwQ

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice looking X besides those tires man those gotta go! You need SOME meat, this isnt a little Honda :)

Anywho, thats a good idea, the mirror tint is terrible IMO, but im wondering how it will hold up in the Summer heat and whatnot.

You should tint your taillights too! (Search VHT Niteshades)

Good looking X. Paint the B-Pillar door posts there between the front and back door windows and it will look way better. Wouldn't believe the difference it makes.

nice tint

Nice looking X besides those tires man those gotta go! You need SOME meat, this isnt a little Honda :)

Anywho, thats a good idea, the mirror tint is terrible IMO, but im wondering how it will hold up in the Summer heat and whatnot.

You should tint your taillights too! (Search VHT Niteshades)

Yeah man tires look little but they ride way better then what I expected..they are falken 265-35-22.. And well see about the tint during summer time this is basically an experiment for now.. I'll keep updates on it..

i wish we could tint our windows that dark in cali. but we cant if a cop see's you with that dark of a tint on the front windows tinted that dark u will get a big fine & a ticket.

but you can have the back windows tinted real dark here in cali

i wish we could tint our windows that dark in cali. but we cant if a cop see's you with that dark of a tint on the front windows tinted that dark u will get a big fine & a ticket.

but you can have the back windows tinted real dark here in cali
cool..they are not that strict here in south carolina...i even have the windshield tinted..lol

Interesting idea, I hope it holds up.

FYI, I'm tinting all of my windshields, to protect the dash from cracking. The lightest window tint is about 80% and you cannot tell it's on there. I'm planning to put that on all of my 98 truck's glass except for the side front doors. I'll have them match the shade of the back glass with it made darker by the light tint.

The OEM tinted glass does not block UV rays. Thus it lets in the sun-rays that fade the interior. Tint them all for any vehicle that is a keeper. Regards,

Interesting idea, I hope it holds up.

FYI, I'm tinting all of my windshields, to protect the dash from cracking. The lightest window tint is about 80% and you cannot tell it's on there. I'm planning to put that on all of my 98 truck's glass except for the side front doors. I'll have them match the shade of the back glass with it made darker by the light tint.

The OEM tinted glass does not block UV rays. Thus it lets in the sun-rays that fade the interior. Tint them all for any vehicle that is a keeper. Regards,

Yeah I hope so.. I have 30% on the windshield.. 2 layers of 5% on the back and 10% on the front ones.. It's dark.. Lol

Wow, that's got to be interesting at night.

Agreed- I could barely see out the back of my Taurus with one layer of Limo!

That's the one thing I hated about my '97. Both of my mounties prior to that had privacy, and it just looked 100x better.

Thank goodness I got an 01 now. In a few weeks I'm gonna have the front windows tinted to the legal max as well, just to keep the sun off the leather and because it looks better.

Very Very nice!

btw: what kind of sound system do you have?

That's the one thing I hated about my '97. Both of my mounties prior to that had privacy, and it just looked 100x better.

Thank goodness I got an 01 now. In a few weeks I'm gonna have the front windows tinted to the legal max as well, just to keep the sun off the leather and because it looks better.

yea i bet

Looks good. Wheels remind of me FR-500's.

The outside tint wouldn't hold up here. It would be ruined the first time you had to scrape ice off the window.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

This thread is the solution to my current problems. Thank you so much! Below are pictures with what I was doing. Not only did I switch to 99+ glass on my 96 Limited, but I did the Flex Mod (C-Pillar Paint Mod) and needed the back blackened BADLY. Can you post a link to your outdoor tint material? Thanks so much!

IMG_20130603_180204.jpg

IMG_20130604_144226.jpg

Back