NOS?? and throttle body questions? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

NOS?? and throttle body questions?

so im going to be putting nos on to my truck,not now probably around Christmas.but i was going to mount a regular shark nossel injector into a throttle body space i have and be done with it.i really wanted to have a spray bar put in the plate i have but they want an extra $200+ to mount it in it.i also have an extra tank and injector laying around.i would like to go two stages,one in the tb plate and direct port into the intake manifold spacer i made but thats damn near $400 for just them taping and mounting it!!so i was on there site checking out there new pumps and what not when i came across this.
http://www.nitrousexpress.com/product-details.php?id=950
i know that the 4.6 plate will not fit the first gen 4.0.what i need to know is the measurements of the opening and over all width of the 4.6 tb.what im thinking is that i can have my machinist take it out the 4.6 and mount it in my plate for very cheap.i have a friend that has upgraded his solenoids to the new lighting solenoids so i could buy his for cheap and run a second stage,regular injector in the intake.yes i know im going to get a lot of replies about why and that's a lot of nos for a explorer but i luv nos and i built this motor around planning on spraying around a 150 shot so the question is,beside the measurements,is you all think i should just stick to one stage in the plate with a bar or think a regular injector will be just as good in the plate?:scratch:
o another awesome little thing im wishing i can get:D
http://www.nitrousexpress.com/product-details.php?id=1483
also anyone have any thoughts on fuel pumps?is there a replacement from another car or truck that would put out enough pressure where i wouldn't have to run an inline or standalone?this is the pump im thinking about,$131 isn't bad.
http://www.nitrousexpress.com/product-details.php?id=1504

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ive never messed with an explorer fuel pump but if a mustang gt fuel pump will work so will an SVT Focus or Ford GT pump. They are the highest flowing factory filters and you can get them cheap thru Tousley Ford..

Ive never messed with an explorer fuel pump but if a mustang gt fuel pump will work so will an SVT Focus or Ford GT pump. They are the highest flowing factory filters and you can get them cheap thru Tousley Ford..

You know about what they run?how much they flow?and what years?

Did you run it with you stock regulator? I'm really think about running that separate litte tank with a pump so I can run race gas.you barely have to mess with timing that way,just colder plugs.by time I buy a pump and regulator it might cost the same.anyone have any info on the 4.6 tb?

Good info thanks.guess I need to find out how much a stock ex needs and what mine uses.also need to check my jet chart and see how much they are going to use.no body has a 4.6 tb laying around that they can pull some measurements off for me?I haven't used spray bars before either,allways just shark injectors.anyone have any comments or experience with those?anyone want to say I'm stupid for wanting to spray a 150 shot on an ex with 33s!!?!:D

found the 155 at summit for $83 thats damn cheap
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/VPN-5CA249-2/
still looking for info on the size of the 4.6tb.might call them and see if they can give me some measurements.also can i use the stock fpr and wiring with the 155?

for the race gas idea, you could just run a snow performance injection kit into the fuel side of the shark nozzle. You can use water/methanol or just straight meth...either way that's as good as race gas and a lot cheaper. I was looking at doing this a while back but decided to spend my money on lift/tires instead.

Lots of folks use water meth with NOS to keep full timing without detonation.

If this sounds like something you are interested in, let me know, I've got a full setup that I'll sell you that already has everything you would need.

Did you run it with you stock regulator? I'm really think about running that separate litte tank with a pump so I can run race gas.you barely have to mess with timing that way,just colder plugs.by time I buy a pump and regulator it might cost the same.anyone have any info on the 4.6 tb?

Yeah I ran a stock regulator...as far as flow...the 155LPH pump worked fine for me. don't go too much bigger than that cause the stock lines are too small and could make the pump life shorter...couple of dudes on RPS ran into that.

Only person with a bigger pump that I know of is 8SecSplash...he did a fuel cell with 1/4" fuel lines and an Aeromotive A-1000 pump :) but he was running a huge shot so I guess he needed it.

I'd talk to Gerry or some of those other dudes at RPS who spray their OHVs a lot...I am sure they could give you some good advice too.

What setup do you have? If I was to go that route I wouldn't need a new pump.ill have to look into this.yea I have been talking to them but my account over there is messed up.I'm still a long aways from doing this,I like to do all my R&R fist:)send me a pm about what you have.

Back