Not exactly new - but i got pics | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Not exactly new - but i got pics

This is 1993 Eddie Baur. Used to be white but the rust was starting to show really bad where the awesome effing tuperware was attached. Since then, Explorer Forum has been a lurking ground for me. Like everyday. Ten times. Anyway, I started this thinking, "I'll just hit the Net and check out a few things for the Explorer." Ya!
Thus Explorer Forum entered my life. I have read soooooo much stuff! Unbelievable! I started my addiction to cars and trucks in the audio world, and grew facinated with the 4x4 world. I am positive the Explorer community is way more prominent in California and other states than it is here in Alberta. There is a strong OHV community here none the less. And a few members here are from Lethbridge Alberta as well.

Well what I have done to the ex since starting my research here:
nb: Research is the KEY! The more you know the less you swear!

Tires: 31"mt
Air box elimination and cone filter mod. really easy.
Repair vacuum modulator thing on trans without losing pin. :D
Comlete stereo rewire. no pics, sorry.
Remove all tupperware. +10 HP
Flat Black Rust Cover Paint +20 HP
Airconditioning removal. Gonna regret that. Hopefully ARB Comp bolts up there.
Front Bumper removal.
Winch Install

I would tell you what more I have planed but without PICS whats the poinT!!!

Anyway, Here is the Ex. Stock height. 31"cooperMT
1znamg0.jpg

And here is a side pic, saggy as$.

rr391j.jpg

Just wanted to say HELLO and THANK YOU for my growing addiction to my Explorers that will for surely hamper my financial growth potential!
And DANG that Tellico sounds and looks like a weekend well spent! Too bad its like 8 bazillion miles from here...:(

Thanks Again Guy's!!! I still have lots of reading to do!

Also, James Duff Long Arm Kit???? Do I want one???? Is that what its called?
For the 5.5" lift? Probably to be answered in another place...sorry.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome fellow Albertan, nice first gen you have there.

your ex looks great! but..uh..how exactly did you mount your winch?

your ex looks great! but..uh..how exactly did you mount your winch?

It is a cheapo from Canadian Tire(it hasn't let me down yet!). Champion, came with the mounting plate. Winch is bolted to the plate and the plate is welded to some 2" square tube underneath and through from on top. The 2" square tube is welded between the frame with some 1/4 re-enforcements on the frame-ends-crumpleholes-whatevers. Does that paint the picture well enough?

And Thanks!

Flat Black Rust Cover Paint +20 HP
I've been trying to tell people this. :thumbsup: Ultra Flat would have got you +25. :D
I really like the simple winch mount as well. Nice work!

I'm going to move this thread too.

Thanks for the move Froader.

Thanks! I guess this is the start of my registry. Trippy.

Any advise on the Duff Long arms? I am gonna get the Duff 5.5 lift to go with the SOA and overread something about long arm kit but it is impossible to find again.

Back