• Register Today It's free!

NuShield Website

Quackinup

Reaction score
City, State
Ventura CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 XLT
Has anyone ordered screen protector from NuShield recently? When I go there I get to the select model dropdown and select the 11 X, then click on Select Film Type and nothing happens. It does this no matter what model I select. It's very possible the problem is being caused by my work computer (darn gov't computers are never up to date).

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Has anyone ordered screen protector from NuShield recently? When I go there I get to the select model dropdown and select the 11 X, then click on Select Film Type and nothing happens. It does this no matter what model I select. It's very possible the problem is being caused by my work computer (darn gov't computers are never up to date).

I ordered the SYNC 8 inch NuShield antiglare cover for the 2011 Edge as it's the same screen as ours. Fits perfect with absolutely no effect on touchscreen. You cant tell its there.

Installation takes only a few minutes.

Great product.

from what I was told. you have to go to

navigation

then ford

then custom size product list

Then ford

then select the screen saver

It looks like they are out of it. All I see is the invision DVD Headrest.

If anyone sees it I'd appreciate help on this too. The instructions I received seem odd.

just trying to order myself...i got no problem adding to cart...Eplorer '11, Select Film Type, pop up window, NuShield DayVue™!

try another browser to see...i guess the problem is your browser's pop up window settings, it happens to me sometimes. closing, restarting helps too.

edited: just finished ordering mine!

just trying to order myself...i got no problem adding to cart...Eplorer '11, Select Film Type, pop up window, NuShield DayVue™!

try another browser to see...i guess the problem is your browser's pop up window settings, it happens to me sometimes. closing, restarting helps too.

edited: just finished ordering mine!

It's my pop up blocker. I can order it on my iphone4 but not my home computer. Thank You for the help.

Here's order number

NU380RA

I just received it two days ago. Don't have the X yet, of course!! But decided to apply it to my Escalade 8" screen. Went on OK. Once I take it out, will post if it's good.

NU380RA

I just received it two days ago. Don't have the X yet, of course!! But decided to apply it to my Escalade 8" screen. Went on OK. Once I take it out, will post if it's good.

my order number is NU380A, without the "R"...not sure if that matters.
description as follows on the order receipt:

NU380A
NuShield DayVue for 8" displays
Film Type: DayVue(tm)

I wonder about that too??

my order number is NU380A, without the "R"...not sure if that matters.
description as follows on the order receipt:

NU380A
NuShield DayVue for 8" displays
Film Type: DayVue(tm)

Does anyone know the difference?

I just called NuShield and the man said they are the same item. NU380A & RA

I also ordered the same one as paulfrank. Should be here any day. Hope its the correct one.

Ok, I guess it's just problems with my work comouter. I'll try it at home.

Am I reading correctly at the site. There is no adhesive, it just slips under the case at the edges of the screen?

I ordered a NU380RA and then I just recieved an e-mail and was told that my order is backordered and should ship soon.

Adhesive

Ok, I guess it's just problems with my work comouter. I'll try it at home.

Am I reading correctly at the site. There is no adhesive, it just slips under the case at the edges of the screen?

There seems to be a light adhesive but no problem. It can be peeled back up. I had to a couple of times to get it perfectly aligned. Had to use a piece of Scotch tape to get the edge of it (as it says to do in the instructions.) I will be able to remove it from my Escalade and apply it to my new X if & when it gets here!!

Is it difficult to get down without bubbles? I can never get those things on my phones without bubbles no matter how careful I am. That or I get some dust particles under them. I usually buy a 3-pack because I end up trashing the first couple. :rolleyes:

Is it difficult to get down without bubbles? I can never get those things on my phones without bubbles no matter how careful I am. That or I get some dust particles under them. I usually buy a 3-pack because I end up trashing the first couple. :rolleyes:

don't feel bad, bubbles or not, basically depends on the quality and design of these films not your skills!.....I use/used, have/had different brands of screen protectors for my phones/MP3 player and my wife's. Like the one I have on both mine and my wife's Droid X, I have no problem to apply them on the phones, easy and no bubbles!....but some 3-pack trimmable films that I bought from Walmart are the opposite....

From my post on the screen quality thread:

I put the Nushield on my MFT system on my '11 Edge. I had an alcohol swab from an old screen protector kit, wetted the cleaning cloth that came with my owner's manual and wiped the screen.

Then took a can of compressed air, made sure there weren't any dust particles on my screen and installed the shield. Man, looks like glass. A bit more resistant to fingerprints than the stock screen.

I've had smartphones for years and never could get down a screen protector without specs/bubbles so i was worried about this. Once i cleaned it and used air to make sure nothing at all was on there, had no issues pushing out bubbles and it looks great. :thumbsup:

I ordered a NU380RA and then I just recieved an e-mail and was told that my order is backordered and should ship soon.

i just received an email saying it's on backorder...!!!! with so many people are still waiting for their 2011 Explorers minus people who don't know about the screen protector, I wonder how many films they actually made? 10? lol

I have the NuShield installed on my 2011 Explorer. Very easy install and it is un detectable once it is on. It cuts the glare and does not affect the touch sensitivity at all. Very nice. I ordered two so that I can have one extra. I saw on the Explorer facebook site that NuShield is apparently on back order on these now.

I just recieved a e-mail 4/5/2011 that the NuShield my NU308RA has been shipped by USPS. When I recieve it i'll post on how it fits and how easy/hard it was to install.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

They go on easy, key is make sure the screen is lint free. Use a credit card to smooth any bubbles to the edge. Once on these are good quality and you barely notice them.

Back