• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

O/D light blinking - Codes P0171, 0174, P1121, P1506

9double8

Reaction score
City, State
Tampa
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 XLT
Driving for about a hour I had my O/D off light flashing last night. Got online to check possible causes and was suggested to pull the codes.

Today I go to AutoZone, get the codes pulled and I have

P0171 & 0174 - Sytems Lean Bank 1 & 2 -- Possible suspect from what I read might be a vaccum leak or intake gaskets- I will have to check

P1121 - TPS inconsistent w/MAF - Not sure what this could be? I am guessing the reading between the MAF & TPS - I have replaced the TPS 3 times in the past? Does this just need cleaning?

P1506 - IAC Over Speed Error- I get the loud hum at time, I get the low idle also at times. I have cleaned the IAC but did not remove the black cap. Do I need a new IAC or should I try to reclean? I cleaned it with carb cleaner the last time.

So this takes me to my original problem, the blinking "O/D off" light, nothing came out with any tranny codes. I read that when it does this it will hard shift, the was hard shifting I heard was when it would downshift from 3 to 2 it seemed and I would hear a "clunk". When the light is not flashing, it shifts and downshifts just fine. I have been driving it around town and the light stays off, when I drive it for an extended period, it comes on. Why would there not be any codes stored for this?

Thanks for any help!

9double8

Reaction score
City, State
Tampa
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 XLT
Anybody? Why would the O/D Off light flash and not get any trans reading?