OCSM Code B00A0:4A need help please | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

OCSM Code B00A0:4A need help please

16vcabman

Reaction score
City, State
Ortonville
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 PIU
Long story but, have 17 PIU with 14 explorer leather seats. Changed side air bags, seat belt buckles, and OCSM module from 17 piu seats into 14 seats. Checked whole seat harness and car wiring on passenger side. All wires are same color code and pinned out the same as original car, and seats. The only code I can't get rid of is B00A0:4A. I have tried resetting the OCSM and The RCM which is supposed to recalibrate the passenger seat. I'm at a loss?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Assuming you've replaced it entirely, OCSM is VIN locked to the specific vehicle, you'll need to have it reprogrammed by the dealer. Or reinstall your old PIU OCSM and the DTC should clear.

The code you have is "Occupant Classification System: Incorrect Component Installed", not sure if it's because of the seat or the module itself. 2016+ got a wiring change for pretty much everything so I'd be sure that's not the reason.

I'm not the dealer or a mechanic, so I'm just going off my research. Good luck.

you would need to swap the OCSM, weight sensor pad and most like the seat harness. I’ve spent a good amount of time troubleshooting this. Even rewiring 2016 XLT seats into a 2017 PI. a simple software/fw mismatch is enough to keep the airbag light on and show a code. not sure about this vin comment above though. I’ve swapped 13-15 seats into 13-15 PI without swapping OCSM.

you would need to swap the OCSM, weight sensor pad and most like the seat harness. I’ve spent a good amount of time troubleshooting this. Even rewiring 2016 XLT seats into a 2017 PI. a simple software/fw mismatch is enough to keep the airbag light on and show a code. not sure about this vin comment above though. I’ve swapped 13-15 seats into 13-15 PI without swapping OCSM.
usually airbag components are locked to a specific vehicle and has to be sent off to be reprogrammed, or programmed by the dealer. just from what i've seen

Thanks for replies, the OCSM seat module is from the original 17 piu. The wires are pin for pin the same as the 17 piu plug and continuity has been checked on each wire from seat harness to the floor connector. I need someone that can check OCSM module or can reprogram the OCSM. Or be able to determine reason for code.

usually airbag components are locked to a specific vehicle and has to be sent off to be reprogrammed, or programmed by the dealer. just from what i've seen
If you read my original post, the OCSM has been swapped from the original seat/car. The problem is dealers won't touch car because of seat swap. I'm in a bad loop

If you read my original post, the OCSM has been swapped from the original seat/car. The problem is dealers won't touch car because of seat swap. I'm in a bad loop
Actually, I'm not surprised to hear that. I think dealers are reluctant to do modifications to vehicles because of possible liability issues.
Many have tried and many have met the same result.

Peter

i read the post. i was clarifying what needed to be done but if you want to be a ******** about it then i wont post. obviously you messed something up if the prior seat parts worked and now they don't after swapping them.

i read the post. i was clarifying what needed to be done but if you want to be a ******** about it then i wont post. obviously you messed something up if the prior seat parts worked and now they don't after swapping them.
I'm sorry if I said something that upset you that wasn't my intention. The problem is I need someone who could reprogram the OCSM.

Back