• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Seat Swap Airbag Question

Aronedu1

Reaction score
City, State
Calgary
Year, Model & Trim Level
PIU 2014
Curious if anyone could help me with this one. I have replaced the seats for the car, and had the light come on since day 1.

I wanted to know if anyone had made a change to the passenger seat.

The new seats appear to have a different mount ( Floor for the PIU vs Seat level) where part #6 extends. They appear to have a latch visible via the hole where the seat belt would originate and there is a cover on the right hand by the number 3.

Anyone know if that is to be re-wired so that the cable coming out of the Seat Belt Pretensioner connects back to that? I have no idea since it appears pretty tight.

Everything else appears to have been plug and play, but the wire that extends out of the Seat Belt Pretensioner plugs to a harness already.

Aronedu1

Reaction score
City, State
Calgary
Year, Model & Trim Level
PIU 2014
I think I am closer to figuring this out. I think the issue is that my seats likely came from a 11-12 model which had a different seat tensioner system.

I think it will likely mean a rewiring of the harness or having to put the old seat back or make a mismatch of both seats either by installing the new skin on the old seat or maybe using the ols seatbelt in the new seats or something like that.

Dre

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Chicago
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Interceptor
I'm having the same issue. This might simply be the sensor problem. PCM might not recognize the sensors and those might have to be programmed with ForScan. I have not addressed to issue yet but will have to when I start driving it as my daily.