OD light is flashing | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

OD light is flashing

brianj82

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 XLT
My OD light on '95 Ford Explorer XLT has been flashing for some time now. The light used to go off on its own and stay off, but now it seems to be flashing constantly now. I recently changed my radiator because I found that my tran fluid was running into my antifreeze. After replacing the radiator and flushing with detergent many many times to get the all the gunk out, the OD light went out. I drove around for about 30 miles and it came back on. Was it just a coincidence that the OD light went out? What should I be checking for and what is the most likely cause for the OD light to flash?

if trans fluid was getting into the coolant, it is possible that coolant was getting into the tans fluid,, that could be a symptom of trouble,, coolant in the trans makes for a short trans life,, as it is not the right fluid,,

I had the same problem with my ranger, the OD light kept flashing then no more than a month later, my torque converter went out, turns out from going diggin and climbing and **** blew out some of the shift solenoids and next thing you know...1600 for a rebuild.

Back