Odd issues

earnbud

Reaction score
City, State
New Port Richey, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
96' Explorer 4X4
Hi guys , been doing a few things with my vehicle since i got it 3 months ago

Lately i noticed some odd things and i cant figure out what the issues are so im hoping someone know so i can solve these issues

First thing is when im driving i sometimes get a jerking feeling that shakes the whole vehicle for a second and at first i thought it was from the transmission shifting but im pretty sure its not because sometimes its happened and then it happens again 2 seconds later , didnt know if i had to do with spark plugs or not

Second i noticed tonight after i got back home i was letting my vehicle idle to hear how it sounds and once i turned my headlights off the vehicle sounded rougher , but once i put them back on it calmed down

Last thing is i was filling the radiator today and so i had the engine running and the heat on and i noticed on the ac compressor that the pulley connected to the compressor got stuck or something and stopped for 2 seconds and it got unstuck and started spinning like normal again , is that just a simple replacing a pulley or what

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

the a/c condenser clutch will "cycle" normally like that. if it got stuck it would be squealing like crazy (even if for only 2 seconds)

1. Check plugs and all vac hoses.

2. Check Running Voltage at alt.

3. That is normal. Clutch engages to build pressure in the system then disengages to release pressure... repeat...

So its normal for the pulley on the compressor to just stop spinning for a few seconds , also the blower motor or something for it is loud , every time i turn the ac on i can hear the compressor working

Back