Odometer | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Odometer

its a computer screen. Why wouldn't it just add the digit?

it could... but the odometer originally showed with 5 digits with leading zeros.
you would think that there would be a leading zero shown for the 6th place...
unless they are hiding it for asthetic reasons.

Our 2011 Fiesta shows all 6 digits. (Digital display) I personally hate the fact that it shows "008590" (Random, but you get the point). I wish it didnt show the 0's. "8590" would be much better.
It also does not show a tenth which bugs me!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i noticed this on my mom's 2011 Edge too that the computer screen only shows five digits and the tenth...like right now it shows 04157.0

the decimal goes away when you roll over 100K. If anyone noticed in their older explorer it did the same thing.

Correct. That was me, back in February:

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=308298&highlight=mile

As for Cory, has he ever answered a single question on this Forum? He usually just gives the, "PM me your VIN # and I have someone contact you" bla bla bla bla. Useless if you ask me.

Who asked you? :D

But seriously, Cory has helped a number of people here, and I suspect a lot of that assistance is rendered through PM's. I'll let Cory correct me if I am wrong. I believe this board is a better place for his presence.

:thumbsup:

its actually common on a lot of fords. my 91 ranger only had 5 digits. only read 41000 miles when i got it but the title showed 141000 miles. its not a big deal, unless u cant keep track of 100,000 miles worth of driving! just another dumb ford design.

...But seriously, Cory has helped a number of people here, and I suspect a lot of that assistance is rendered through PM's. I'll let Cory correct me if I am wrong. I believe this board is a better place for his presence.
VinceL,

Thanks for the huge compliment; I really appreciate it! I confirmed that when the odometer reaches 99,999.9 miles, the cluster will roll to 100,000 miles (i.e. no tenths digit displayed). :)

Cory

You're welcome Cory, and please don't take this the wrong way, but when we get around to buying our Explorer, I hope I never have anything to do with you! :D

You're welcome Cory, and please don't take this the wrong way, but when we get around to buying our Explorer, I hope I never have anything to do with you! :D
No worries; I definitely didn’t take that the wrong way. :cool::thumbsup:

Cory

Back