Trip Odometers Resetting Themselves | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Trip Odometers Resetting Themselves

I just thought maybe this is a 2008 model problem :) Since so far I only see ppl with 08's with this problem and yet none from the 07 models like mine...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well, I spoke with the dealer yesterday. They still have nothing from Ford on how to proceed on this repair. No info whatsoever. I was a little miffed about the whole thing. I understand it's not integral to the operation of the vehicle, but it pisses me off that I have a thing in my car that doesn't work as advertised. The service manager suggested I contact Ford Consumer Service. Who knows.

Hey Dave, any updates? My '08 is, and has been, doing the same thing since I bought it. Mine also resets the "Avg. Fuel" screen... Quite the pain in the ass.

Keep us posted,

V

Sadly, I am overseas right now, so I haven't been keeping up with this issue at all. My family has my truck, so I probably should call the dealer to see what they have to say. I am fairly confident that the answer will be a big, fat "Nope, no answer yet."

Yeah, my avg. fuel resets itself as well. Big pain in the ass. I love the truck, but that really irks me.

Ah, gotcha! I'm taking mine in on Tuesday to get the latest flash anyways so I'll ask about it at my stealership then and let you know what they tell me. I love my Sport Trac as well, and this little quirk is really just a nuisance, but it's annoying and widespread enough to warrant Ford's attention.

i know im a bit late to the party, but i was doing some searching and i have yet to try it but i have seen alot of people say that cleaning the battery terminals can help it. i have had the trip odom problem as well as strange starting (the only way i can describe it) it wont start but it kinda cranks and clicks (not like a starter lowpower issue) and all the needles bounce at the top of the guages

Back