• Register Today It's free!

OEM spring replacement

tonym

Reaction score
City, State
Bridgeport CT
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 XLT
Hi guys, i am mainly a mustang gearhead with an Explorer for a daily driver. Since purchasing the Ex, the ass-end sags a bit. I was told the springs are compressed and should be replaced. any comments on this? any recommendations or places to order from??

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Tony,

Do a search for "Old Man Emu". Bizarre name, but many people have these leafs in the rear. Definitely cures the old "Explorer butt-sag" problem the stock trucks have. I don't have these, but if I remember correctly, you get about 2" lift in the rear. They are available from ARB, I believe. A search should get you the 800 phone number.

Good luck!

The part number is OME-36.. If I remember correctly, they are officially for a 1996 XLT explorer, but fit all of the X's.

~Mark

Or try putting an add a leaf or two in the pack. Superlift and Pro-Comp sell single and double add a leafs. And it's much cheaper than new spring packs.:D ;)

You could also get your springs rearched. Or, there is a company in PA called Springs'n Things that can make springs that can provide up to 2" of lift. They can also provide leaf's that are stiffer than your stock setup and will keep from sagging. Good luck!

~Tim

Back