• Register Today It's free!

OEM Stereo No Sound

Dwelves02XLT

Reaction score
City, State
NORCAL
Year, Model & Trim Level
05 Eddie Bauer 4WD
Hey guys long time no speak here, well I no longer have the 2002 XLT (shipped back to U.S. and gave to mom), but picked up an 2005 Eddie Bauer a year later.

I just recently purchaesd it and it came with an aftermarket headunit and I have the rear dvd entertainment center, the problem is the DVD RES wont turn on whatsoever. After doing some research on here, I gathered that it requires the OEM headunit for it to properly function. Fastfoward to today I purchased the 6 disc cd changer with audiophile which my truck has. Removed all the aftermarket wiring + harness only leaving expose the original harnessess. Plugged everything up. Fired up stereo which it did and then two problems occured.

1: I am getting no sound whatsoever out of my 4 door speakers, (the subwoofer or amp in the rear is putting out sound mainly bass)

2: The DVD RES is still not firing up.

I've searched and searched, but cant seem to find anytihng similiar to the problems I am having.

Any help would gladly be appreciated.

Sounds like there is an aftermarket amp installed and wiring has been seriously changed...

Make sure you don't have the headphone symbol on the head unit. That is headphone mode and you will not have sound from door speakers. You can toggle that from the remote control or the DVD player.

Back